𝟎𝟑; 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭

After hearing that Sam and Tara were okay- the group decided to all meet at Blackmore after their classes so they could talk about the events occurring.
The group all sat on benches, Violet sitting in between Tara and Ethan.

"Okay nerds, listen up." Mindy got up and clapped her hands together, capturing everyone'a attention.

" As terrifying as it is, I'm glad I get a chance to redeem myself for not calling the killers last time. It's fine." She sighed,
" The way I see it, someone is out to make a sequel to a requel." She explained- making everyone look at her with confusion.

Anika raised her hand, "What's a requel?" Mindy looked at her, "You're beautiful sweetie, let's hold questions until the end." She replied to her girlfriend, smiling at her sarcastically.

"Stab one took place in Woodsboro. Stab two took place in college." Sam said.

"Do you think the killers are trying to copy the movies?" Violet asked, looking at Mindy.

"That's one possibility. Heros now in college; check. Suspicious new characters brought in to round out the suspect list and our body  count; check, check, check, and check." Mindy pointed at Quinn, Anika, Ethan and Violet.

" Sorry." Mindy mouthed to the girl as she just shrugged and rolled her eyes.

"I don't like this," Ethan mumbled, making Violet take his hand in hers.

" But, it can't just be about stab two." Mindy told them,

"Why not?" Tara asked.

"It would make sense if this were just a sequel. But we're not in a sequel. Because nobody just makes sequels anymore!" Mindy said, once again making everyone confused.

"We're in a franchise!" Mindy raised her arms in the air, "and there are certain rules to a continuing franchise."

"I had a feeling." Sam sighed. Violet silently observing her.

"Rule one: everything is bigger than last time.
Bigger budget, bigger cast, bigger body count, longer chases, shoot-outs, beheadings."

"Beheadings?" Chad interrupted his twin sister, a pencil and a notebook out to take notes.

"Beheadings." Mindy smiled at him, proudly- and she continued

"Rule two: whatever happened last time, expect the opposite. Franchises only survive by subverting expectations. If the killers last time were whiney, snowflake, film nerds with letterbox accounts instead of personalities you can bet the opposite will be true here." She said making Ethan look at her with wide eyes.

"And, Rule three: No one is safe. Legacy character, dead meat at this point. Usually brought back, only to be killed off in some bid for nostalgia. It's not looking too good for Gale and Kirby." She hissed.

Mindy then looked at everyone, "Ugh, that's not even the worst part."

"This is the part where she tells us the worst part." Chad said tapping on Tara's shoulder with his pencil, not taking his eyes off of his note.

"The worst part is, franchises are just continuing episodic installments designed to boost an IP. Which means main characters are completely expendable now too"

"Laurie Strode, Nancy Thompson, Ellen Ripley, Sally Hardesty, Jigsaw, Tony Stark, James Bond, I mean even Luke Skywalker all died so their franchises could live on.
That means it's not just the friend group, any of us could go at any time, especially Sam and Tara."

"Wait, wait, any of us?" Ethan interrupted Mindy.

"Yeah." She confirmed

"Does- am, am I in the friend group? Am I like one of the targets... " he asked, everyone waiting for what he would say next.

"Am I gonna die a virgin?"

"Jesus Ethan." Violet winced, trying not to laugh at his attempt to act sweet and innocent.

"That was a weird overshare." Mindy awkwardly smiled.

"But it brings us to our current
suspect, Ethan!  The Shy and dorky guy, who no one suspects because he's so shy and dorky."

"Okay wait, why am I on the suspect list?
Because I'm randomly Chad's roommate?" Ethan had a confused look on his face.

" Yes, and because you and Violet are dating" Mindy added.

" Come on Mindy." Violet tried to defend.

"Roommate lotteries can be juked. You could have fixed it to get next to us. Plus, never trust the love interest, remember?"  Mindy defended her point.

" Violet, I love you." Mindy said now facing the girl.

"Where is this going?" She asked

" It's quite convenient that you're going to the same college- that you're living with Tara, Sam and Quinn don't you think?"

" Mindy, I was at Blackmore before you. Also- my dad kicked me out and they asked me to move in with them so I wouldn't be fucking homeless!"

" She's right Mindy." Tara defended her friend, Mindy ignoring her.

She then walked over to Quinn, "Quinn. The slutty roommate. A horror movie classic."

"Sex positive. But thank you?" Quinn responded.

" How did you come to live with Sam, Tara, and Violet?"

"I answered their ad online." Quinn answered, sceptic

"Okay, say no more you've already implicated yourself enough."

"It was an anonymous ad, Mindy." Tara defended the girl.

"And you know we vetted her. Plus her dad is a cop-" She continued.

"And that makes it more likely that she's the killer because having a cop as a dad is great coverage. Do you not remember how these movies work Tara?!" Mindy yelled at the girl.

" Is she always like this ?" Quinn asked Sam, who nodded.

"And finally," Mindy sighed, making her way to her girlfriend.

"Anika." They both blew kisses at each other,
"Never trust the love interest." The smile on
Anika's face immediately faded.

" Okay, so we got our suspect." Sam said before being interrupted by Ethan as Violet didn't feel concerned.

"Wait, wait, what about you guys?" Ethan asked.

" I think it's pretty safe to rule us out after what all four of us have been through in Woodsboro"

"Agreed!" Chad pointed his pencil at his sister.

"Um, not agreed. What if the trauma you all went through caused one , or more of you to snap? " Quinn interfered.

"Yeah, or the thing you got from the killings made you thirsty for more. I mean, to be honest, some of the theories online about sam are-" Ethan tried explaining.

"Don't you fucking dare." Tara looked at him sharply. Making his eyes go wide

" Just drop it." Violet whispered only for him to hear.

"Okay, she's right though. I mean let's face facts if we're all suspects you're all suspects." Anika said, making everyone shut up and look at each other.

And boy she was right.

______________________________
I'm literally about to update so many chapters tonight.
This book will probably be completed in a few days.