Chapter 15, 16/Part 8

15. Motti

It was actually nice and warm in heaven, I wondered.

And my dad was there.

"Hi, Dad!"

"Hello, Luca! What happened? Did you scrape your knee?"

He had amber eyes, an unshaven chin and brown, longer hair.

He smiled lovingly at me: "I'm sorry about what happened, Luca.

Find your mother! She's waiting for you. You can make it, my son. I'm always with you!"

Eventually the image faded. "I can't find them. I'm dead after all!"

"Not yet!"

I had not heard my father's voice for a long time. I wanted to stay with him.

"Please stay!"

I opened my eyes, it was dark and smelled of fire. I winced. There was fur above me. Had the dog fallen on me?

Something moved next to me. I tried to dodge it backwards.

"Hey!" a voice said, "You're back!"

I couldn't speak, but I wanted to. Next to me that had to be a monkey or something. Everything about him was black and he had fuzzy fur and big white eyes staring at me.

I got scared and tensed up. The monkey touched me.

"Do you want a drink?" I nodded. He gave me hot, salty water from a wooden vessel.

"You don't have to be afraid! I found you by the cliffs. The dog is dead. You can eat them if you want, but they taste like shit! I'm Motti, by the way. "

I felt a pressure on my shoulder again. I stared at him. I was at the mercy of this ape or whatever it was, because it was certain that I could not move. He brought the vessel to my lips again and I sipped with difficulty.

"I thought you were dead too, but you didn't fall as far as that mutt. They play that fucking game now and then, the ones from the ranch, but not often. They're dangerous, the perverted madmen. You look like you've been through a meat grinder. Did you do something special?"

I shrugged as much as I could and squinted at the bowl of broth.

"Does my soup taste good! Doesn't it?" I couldn't exactly say that. But since I didn't feel like talking anyway, I kept quiet and sipped a little more.

"Get some rest, my friend!" said Motti and I was already dozing off.

In a confused dream, a suspended skeleton dangled in the barn. However, I knew it was Peter. He called my name: "Christo! Christo,

why have you forgotten me?"

"I haven't forgotten you. I haven't forgotten you."

"I am dead now and you must think of me forever! Promise me! Promise me, please!"

" I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

"Find your mother, Luca! I'm with you!"

Where was I?

Keeping his eyes open had rarely been so exhausting. Light shone into the cave or whatever it was.

There was something cool on my head. I felt that it was moss.

"Hello!" There he was again, the painted grey boy.

"He...llo!" my lips were so chapped. I licked over them. Motti gave me a drink.