Preface

"I thank God for my dreams - and the one who is responsible for my nightmares, I thank him especially."

"Time and space do not exist in dreams. They are only wobbly beams to which the gloomy mind likes to cling in order not to sink into the bottomless pit. The truth, however, is behind them, beyond clocks and daylight, where only the bravest can reach. Those who dare to think in the end."

( Ex-Lex, Motherland Trilogy 2nd part) Coming soon to Dreamc@cher

Fynn Degen

Eden

Motherland Trilogy Part 1

Dreamc@cherpublisher

    Preface:

"Nightmares are a little different for everyone. They are like fingerprints that the night itself imprints on us.

They play with us and even when dawn comes, they still cling to our souls like shadows."

It was a Wednesday night sometime in the spring of 2019 that I had a nightmare and although it was unspectacular in a series of tormenting dreams that I and possibly some of my fellow writers have, its strange mood never left me.

The creepy old slaughterhouse, the twitching light, the boy who doesn't know his name but always has to run and, last but not least, his incredible will to survive in an infinitely cruel in-between world of syndicate, cult and human trafficking ring. No, of course it's not real.

But violence against children unfortunately is and we should not close our eyes to how much money unscrupulous criminals make from the suffering of children every day.

I call my series of novels the Motherland Trilogy because the captive children from the first part, have to address the woman who commands the camp where they are tormented day in and day out as "Mother". This is a particular irony and humiliation.

My main character calls himself Christo. Why is he special? Well, first and foremost because although he is punished particularly harshly, he doesn't seem to be broken. Even though he experiences low phases and has to jump off the brink of death several times, he manages to doubt this sick system and somehow gives his girlfriend Callisto and his friend Peter hope for a life in the "Real World".

I also love how brave Christo is, how he stands up against oppression regardless of his own life and puts himself before his friends. He is definitely a hero! A hero is actually anyone who overcomes their own fear. The question is whether the one who is more afraid immediately becomes a greater hero as a result.

Here we come to Peter, Christo's best friend.

Unfortunately, he is too slow in his daily training and cannot meet "Mother's" demands. But he is clever and makes escape plans with Christo.

Callisto is Christo's lively, little girlfriend, and she too does not meet the camp's requirements to be prepared for marriage by the age of 12 at the latest. Christo feels attached to her like to a little sister, but that is soon to change.

Then there is Gabriel, one of the so-called "Uncles", he hates Christo's guts and nobody knows why. However, Gabriel's mood changes, because at some point he has to acknowledge how brave this boy is and now and then he lets this appreciation show.

In any case, the children want to escape and it is to be hoped that they will succeed. They want to go to the "Real World" to find Christo's biological mother there. Because he remembers her and dreams of her.

You'll have to read for yourselves whether they can do it. I wish them and you good luck on this journey.

Your Fynn!

"Morituri te salutant!"

("The doomed salute you!")

If you like what you discover, visit me on my website: 

https//jugendbuecher-tina-krauss.jimdo.com