16.

ELYCE

Another persona inhabited my body when we returned to the hotel room. A deep-seated lust consumed me as I hurriedly removed Ritter's clothing. I took complete control, restraining myself from tearing his clothes to bits. We kissed as we backed into the bed. I pushed him onto the mattress, slinking my fingers over his flesh. The trimmed hairs of his abdomen tickled my skin as I traced my way down to his manhood. Once I fisted his girth, I licked and sucked him like I never had before. His grunts and groans motivated me to continue. His fingers raked through my hair, guiding and prompting me to please him as he desired. His hands traced down to my jaw, and I heard him say, "Stop!"

He pushed himself up the bed as I crawled above him. His hands slid everywhere on my torso, guiding me over him. He pushed and pulled my pelvis over his firm cock. He hissed and gasped with the pressure of my body on him. When I guided him inside me, he bucked upward, striking the deepest part of me, and I cried out.

Just when I thought I had all the control, Ritter reminded me that he was in charge. After I climaxed, I collapsed on him, feeling the blood rush to every fiber of my being.

Swiftly, Ritter pulled me under him, seeking his release. I reveled in the pressure of his weight. The rhythm of deep, slow strokes lifted me into the pinnacle of pleasure again. He struck the right spots at the perfect beats. His erratic caresses changed from gentle to rough. His grip on my bottom held me in place as he raced to meet his orgasm. Little bites and sucks on my neck and chest made me arch and writhe, urging him on.

Ritter's stamina, after a long day of work and entertaining me at the Ladmore, was incredible. He maintained his strength for me, showing me his capacity as a man. It was attractive and comforting. All the while I believed in my own strength and beauty, which was something I hadn't felt before. His warm body lulled me into a sense of comfort and safety. I didn't want to let him go. He not only pleasured me but was my buffer—a guardian against my faults.

For as much as I didn't want to think about him—Griffin Belanger, I couldn't help ruminate over the events of the day. The memory of his goodbye hug remained imprinted on me—not just skin, but bones, blood, and marrow.

I prayed that Ritter would get his release so he'd claim me as his. It would counter all the times today that he denied me—us.

I needed him. Only him.

The tempo of Ritter's movements quickened. His huffs and groans indicated he was close. He adjusted our bodies, laying us on our sides. The subtle change made us focus on each other. We gazed into each other's eyes in the bright room. In our frenzy, we had forgotten to turn off the lights. And because I finally loved my body, I hadn't demanded complete darkness.

As he remained stiff and still inside of me, he said, "I want you to know that I don't do this."

I stared at him, questioning without verbalizing.

"I don't go around having sex with my clients." He thrust as I rocked into him, keeping a cadenced pace.

"All those times I publicly made it seem like there was nothing between us was just to protect you and my company—not me." He kissed me to affirm his statement. My heart melted at his words.

"I like you. So. Much." For emphasis, at each word, he drove into me.

I wrapped my legs tighter around him, encouraging him to continue.

"I'm not interested in anyone else," he said breathily, ending with a groan.

I tossed my head back with yearning both in my heart and core.

"And I hope you're not either," he added.

I shook my head, "No." And he banged me hard as a reward. When I cried out, he silenced me with a kiss.

"Just because I encouraged you to go out with Griffin Belanger doesn't mean you should sleep with him," he said.

My eyes widened.

"Not that you would. I'm just possessive." He rocked us slowly.

A deep, lingering kiss confirmed his feelings. His thumb caressed my cheek as his hand rested on my jaw. "El?"

I opened my eyes.

"You're mine. And if Belanger does anything to hurt you, I will break him. Do you hear?"

I nodded, both aroused and frightened. A man had just declared me as his.

Griffin had never dared to make me feel owned.

For as independent as I professed to be, I had always wanted Griffin to say and do what Ritter had confidently pronounced.

After his declaration, we kissed and drove into each other until Ritter tucked me underneath him once more. His movements soon sparked his orgasm. With a few jerky drives, he was depleted.

We held each other, in no hurry to release our clutch until we drifted off to sleep.

* * *

Stretching out my warm, aching muscles, I extended my leg to feel for Ritter. I opened my eyes to find myself in an empty bed in a darkened, empty room.

The effects of last night's alcohol caused me to slowly process that I was alone.

Ritter was gone.

Griffin was in town.

And I would have to navigate LA on my own. I laid back in bed, reaching for my phone.

A few text messages, but none from Ritter. Wounded—my initial reaction to being abandoned. I hated that feeling. I had felt it often whenever Griffin would leave. Now Ritter had left me too.

When we were together, Ritter had done and said the right things. He had also given me exactly what I needed—a declaration. It didn't need to be a pronouncement of love—and it wasn't, but what he said was enough for me to have hope.

But hope was fading now that he was gone, his focus on someone else.

The relationship between us was no longer clear—agent to client. It was now blurred because we were lovers, and I was becoming attached. I had wanted him all to myself, knowing full well that he managed others and not just me. It wasn't about representation, but about our blossoming connection. The tide had turned last night—this morning when we had not just bonded physically, but emotionally.

I'm his.

He had professed it, and I was going to honor it.

I went to my laptop to prepare for a day of writing. I had no intention of leaving this room for anything in the world. I had no qualms about staying sheltered for the remainder of the trip.

When I opened the laptop, a note lay on the keys. My name, handprinted on the front, prompted a smile, a sigh of relief, and elation.

I opened it to reveal a short missive.

El,

Although our trip was short, we created some amazing memories. I hope we can continue to make more when you return to the other coast. I'll call you when I can.

Always,

Rit

"El." I smiled at his nickname for me. When Griffin had called me Ely, sharp hackles would rise on my body. Ely felt immature and condescending. El sounded contemporary and sophisticated.

And extraordinary.

It was Ritter's distinct name for me—along with sweetness. His pet names were endearing.

I smiled at the thought of him penning a short letter of reassurance. I stuck the note in my writer's notebook, saving it for posterity. The delight brought by his words was short-lived. Guilt over not telling Ritter about Griffin made me shudder. I couldn't keep the secret to myself anymore. When I return home, I was determined to reveal everything to Ritter... before Griffin dared.