Episode 1: The Life of Two Loving Twins

Flashback:

In a dark alleyway near the Suzuki's house

Narrator POV:

'Allumi! Take Iruma and run. NOW!' a woman with wounds and dirt all over her face screeched to Allumi, her oldest daughter. Tears streamed down her face as she witnessed the poor condition of her mother, she wanted to stay by her mother's side. After all, that was what her mother did for her when her father left soundlessly. 

But now, as an elder sister, she couldn't throw away her life as simply as that and leave her innocent brother in this huge mess. She panicked as she heard the loud footsteps of the intruders, there were a bunch of them and she was sure of it. She looked at her mother again, with tears streaming down her checks.

'Now, now Allumi. Didn't I tell you before? Smile at the face of danger, hardships or anything, because we are all... in here' her frail mother said as she pointed her index finger to Allumi's heart with a smile on her face. 

'And please, for my last wish... please protect Iruma. Please.'

Allumi tried to erase all the bad emotions flowing out of her at that moment and only concentrate on her mother as she tried to smile for her, for the very last time. 

'I will, mom. Goodbye. I love you...' 

'I love you too' Allumi saw her mouthed those words before her mother  pushed her away from the dark alleyway with  her last strength. Allumi widened her eyes as she saw her mother being shot in the head by the intruders, while she was standing there helplessly at the corner of the alleyway. 

She swore to herself that it was her responsibility to take good care of him the moment he was born. Clutching Iruma as close to her as possible, she ran far away from her home full of memories that was exploded into smitheries a few seconds later. 

She wanted to comfort herself that her mother could somehow live miraculously , but even she knew clearly that that was a straight up lie. Her mother's lifeless body traumatised her forever, but that didn't matter for now. Right now, all she wanted was for her brother's safety and hope for him to enjoy a normal life as a 5-year-old.  

Since then, the two siblings have been living in an abandoned house. The murder case was claimed to be gas explosion, and Allumi couldn't do anything to change it since she doesn't have any evidence on her. Their father on the other hand has gone missing for as long as they can remember. Though their mother always tells them how amazing and hard-working their father was, Allumi didn't believe her, not after her death. How could a 'father' abandon their wife and children? How could a 'father' not even help the siblings when they were both barely surviving in the cold winter? This was exactly why mother died miserably when she arrived at the doorstep of death.

~Flashback ended~

.

.

.

In a distance, we see a young girl with blue wavy hair as the wind gently swept by her hair. Wearing a brown-coloured apron with her name 'Allumi' embroidered onto it, she went in the café again to greet her boss while she was hastily tying up her hair.

A few years after the incident

In the cafe

Allumi POV

It's been 7 years since you're gone now, mom. I wonder how you're doing up there now. I sighed looking up at the setting sun in the wine red sky, as my thoughts led me to distant memories. I went into the café after I had finished ordering the orders of the customers sitting outdoors.