Episode 7: 4 Years Later

Time: ???

Place: ???

Allumi POV:

'You know... It's your fault and yours only that your mother is dead right now.' A figure closed up to me as he started walking closer to me while I was strapped onto an experiment bed, struggling furiously to get out of its grasp, but as soon as I heard his words, I stiffened up and froze in place.

'What a waste of space you are, can't even protect your family.' He stared down at me, enjoying my desperate, struggling face and chuckles darkly, 'If you even dare to move a finger, I will hunt down your brother. Myself.'

I knew those weren't just empty threats. He is the Thunder Lord and nonetheless a demon, after all.

'Imagine the screams and bloodshed there would be. I can't wait to see how fun it is to torture him to death in front of you.' He said with an open-mouth smile, showing his dangerous sharp fangs dripping with his saliva.

My eyes turned twice the size larger as I clenched both fists and held my breath, not wanting to risk anyone not to mention my brother's life. Every time he walks closer to me with the large needle in his hand, I could feel my heart banging on my rib cage, squirming to get out.

'Now lay down and suffer.'He smiled sadistically, itching to torture me in that bland white small room.

Sweat was rolling down my forehead rapidly upon the touch of the needle against my skin. No...NO!NO!NO! ANYTHING BUT IRUMA!

.

.

.

.

I jolted up full of sweat and was breathing heavily. Was that... a nightmare again? I was already used to the nightmares that haunt me every night. All the guilt, anger and fear come boiling up the moment I drift off to sleep. It was only in my house that I can drop my act of being an energetic person everyday for four years straight. No one has suspected me yet, despite always spending time, chattering away with my customers, friends or even the teachers.

I calmed down at the familiar sight of my house. The morning light seeped through the gaps of my curtains, brightening up the room with a shade of orange yellow. I stood up from my bed and tidied it after all the turnings from the nightmare. Stepping into the kitchen, I brewed myself a hot morning coffee and instantly woke myself up at the bitter taste of caffeine. Taking a quick glance at the clock hanging on the wall which read 8:02, I hastily got ready in my normal waitress attire, spread out my glowing red wings and set off to Starlight Coffee, the café I ran ever since the day I arrived here in Netherworld.

.

.

.

.

.

I hid my wings in the waitress dress and walked in the café as the bell clinging on the door rang

'Hi, boss!' Aoi, my assistant chirped, popping her head from the kitchen area when she heard the bell.

'Hey, Aoi-chan! Finished with the snacks yet?' I opened up a conversation casually, setting my bag onto the counter.

'You don't know how tiring it is to bake 100 macaronis and 80 chocolate chip cookies for 2 hours straight!' Aoi gasped exaggeratedly, stressing out her last 3 words and slumped onto on of the sofa.

'All right, all right. I'll do the rest and you can rest for a while over here.' I reassured her, giggling gently while covering with one hand at the sight of her relieved expression.