Episode 11: Iruma..? (Pt.3)

Recap:

'His future is up to her now, Allumi.' He finished as we both returned our visions towards Allumi, the first ever demon hybrid, as well as Iruma-sama's elder sister.

.

.

.

.

2 hours later...

In the principal's office

Allumi POV:

As the darkness greeted me, the atmosphere started to change. It became lighter, so light that even a feather may break it. I looked down and saw I was stepping on soft damp grass. The damp grass slightly grazed under my bare feet as I started wandering around the peaceful countryside-like place.

Where was I?

How did I get here?

What's happening to me?

With these thoughts surrounding my head, I decided to sit on a rather short hill, overlooking the once-in-a-lifetime scenery, where I can finally take a breather and set bothersome thoughts away. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath of my surroundings, the scent of the flowers, the damp grass, even the earthy scent of warm spring air.

'Enjoying the view, darling?' A new, yet familiar voice broke the peaceful silence of nature.

I slowly opened my eyes as I looked behind, towards the voice.

With bright blue eyes that could read my face like a book, tender hands that used to lure me to sleep every night, and flowing cerulean blue hair that matches the colour of the clear blue sky, she smiled weakly at me while holding both hands up, waiting for me to hug her back.

'MOTHER!' I couldn't contain my happiness as I cried out tears of joy after staring at her for a while as I leaped towards her hug, accepting it with open arms and tears.

Who cares if I was a complete mess right now, sniffling and crying, which is completely the opposite of my usual calm and composed self

Even if this is a dream, which I'm sure that it is, I wish this dream would go on forever. A dream that I could escape from the exhausting real world where you could never take a break, a dream where I can take off my façade and act like a child that seeks for parental love and care.

'But mother, this is all just a dream, right? How is this all so...real?' I asked even if I never cared about it, all it matters is that I could see my mom just one more time.

'Oh, this hillside?' She chuckled while turning me, making me face the breathtaking scenery once again, 'I created it. Thought you'd like it after all the things going on.'

'Huh? What?!'

'It's all just in your mind, anything can happen here. But never mind that, I'm on a time limit here, I could only talk to you because of the contract, but-'

'What contract? And what are you talking about that time limit?'

'Sweetie, I'm not gonna stay here forever. I have to leave. I am dead after all...' She sighed, turning her head back to the scenery after looking at me mournfully. But I noticed visible cracks on her hands already. Her limit sure isn't long, not even long for a short talk.

'I... know that...'

'Oh, don't be so gloomy during our last meeting! Remember, Allumi, don't let that demon get to you, okay? Be careful. That demon has many secrets: trespassing the border, illegal tradings, murder cases, kidnapping cases... and many more. I have to tell you that your father is-'