Eposode 3: Friend or Foe

Outside the basement

Allumi POV:

'Please, help me!' I begged frantically at the person, or rather, demon I crashed into. They nodded slightly and shoved me behind their back, with me clutching their school uniform tightly. Both of my hands were shivering non-stop, as I slowed my eyes shut, hoping that that golden-haired demon wouldn't spot me.

The loud footsteps echoed in the hall, louder and louder, and soon, I caught a glimpse of his messy golden hair.

My breathe started to quicken as I held on to the demon I just met even tighter. Thankfully, they didn't mind that and shot a glare at the threatening demon in front of them.

'Oi. Brat. I'll let you off the hook for now. But don't you think you're free already.' He threw me a disgusted look and released some of his bloodlust. Not that I am scared of it anymore. Not after all the torture he gave me all those months. You could say that the feeling I felt was just... numb. But I could feel that the demon who was trying to cover me flinched a bit and gave him a cautious stare.

With that, he turned around and went towards the door with the same large keyhole. He quickly materialized his signature spear with a demonic ruby embedded on it and stabbed it in the keyhole with a loud bang. I flinched upon the loud sound and covered my ears slightly. I let out a deep breathe that I didn't knew I was holding and my legs gave off. I was kneeling onto the floor taking deep breathes and regaining my composure. I looked up and saw the demon that was defending me kneeling down to my level and looked at me in curiosity.

It was then that I got a chance to take a closer look at them. They were wearing a girl uniform on top and a pair of trousers, supposedly a boy uniform. Their cat-like ears and tail were twitching slightly, as their messy, curly black hair swayed slightly upon being blown by the breeze.

'Who are you.' They spoke in a monotone. Their eyes looking as plain as ever with no sort of interest.

'A-Allumi. Allumi Suzuki. A-and thanks for saving me! I owe you much!' I spoke in a bit squeaky voice, stuttering over words while fidgeting with my hands. It was indeed the first time I asked for help and for them to actually help me! Usually I was the one who helped others, not the other way around!

'Yes. You do owe me a lot. I'm Opera by the way. You can call me whatever.' They finally stood up, clearing the dust off the pants and continued. 'Would you like to be my subordinate? Or rather, I order you to.' I said sternly, looking back at the cowering demoness with bandages all over her. 

(Picture found on Google)

'H-hah, that's funny. To think that I would still be ordered around even after escaping from hell. Guess my whole life...I'm just... a... petty...servant...' I gasped at every word, as my eyesight became blurry and black dots started to appear from the corner of my eye, until it was pitch black.