TEN

Rheon had already started the car and was waiting outside, leaning against the hood like a model who jumped off the cover of a magazine. I was momentarily stunned by his appearance. Saying that he looked handsome would be an understatement.

It's the first time I've seen him in something other than suits and ties. He ditched the fancy clothing for a pair of black jeans, hiking boots, and a dark brown leather jacket that made his shoulders seem even broader. His hair was gelled up, and he stared at me from behind a pair of dark shades.

When I reached his beloved Nessie, he elegantly opened the door for me before sliding in behind the wheel.

"Mind if we drive with the top down?" He asked casually.

I opened my mouth to reply but ultimately couldn't answer right away. Damn it, I've only been single for an hour and I'm already imagining his hands on me again. A part of me didn't know if I wanted to keep him dressed up like this or dressed down all the way. I'm sure he'd look good both ways.

Blood rose to my cheeks and I turned my head so he couldn't see. At last, I replied, "Uh, no..." I heard him breathe a laugh before driving us out of the driveway.

The adventure started once we left the castle grounds and he drove us down an unfamiliar route.

We passed the dense woodlands and houses along the way until all we could see was the road ahead of us, stretching so far, I couldn't find where it led. It carried us up hills and alongside cliffs overlooking endless miles of lush green grasslands below. Squinting my eyes against the bright horizon, I spotted a few smaller lakes and among the grassy hills, three or four herds of sheep scattered about, looking like tiny flakes of snow from where I was.

The next turn revealed a small range of mountains peeking out from the grass-covered ground. I nearly forgot how to breathe when, out of the blue, the ruins of an ancient castle appeared from behind one of the rock piles. It truly felt as if we've stepped into a medieval fantasy of magic and werewolves, ancient castles where battles were won and lost long ago, where all women were princesses running down ancient corridors in light, flowy dresses.

Were dragons real, I'd be living my biggest fantasy at that moment.

After an hour of driving, we entered the countryside and were currently cruising through an abandoned village. All that was left was an old church made of stone and the ancient cemetery around it. The former village was situated next to a lake and as far as I looked, there was nothing but shores and mountains in sight.

The scenery changed drastically once Rheon took us off-road and parked the car near a woodland.

After opening the door for me, he caught me off guard when he wrapped a scarf around my neck and tied it at the front. "It's cold where we're going."

It took me only a second to recognize his cologne on the scarf before he grasped my hand and led me towards the forest for the rest of the adventure to continue.

The forest descended into a hollow where the trees were growing from either side of the steep, moss-covered walls with nothing but their roots holding them in place. Rheon's fingers linked with mine as he helped me over slippery rocks, keeping me steady on my feet as we trudged across the undergrowth.

He was right, the temperature dropped several degrees the deeper we descended. His scarf proved useful after all.

Along the way, we stumbled upon an old rock formation and either had to go around or over it. I was perfectly happy to go around, but the gleam in Rheon's eyes told me he had different plans.

Turning his back on me and placing his feet apart, he said, "Hop on."

I blinked. "What?"

"You heard me. It's quicker to go over than around."