THIRTY

1 week later...

My heels clicked against the tiled floor as I weaved my way through the tables. Heads turned to stare as I walked past and from the corner of my eye, I noticed a few men raking their eyes over my body, appreciating how the black dress hugged my figure. So much for doing this in a classy restaurant where we wouldn't draw too much attention.

A tinge of nervousness pooled in my stomach, making me question why this was ever a good idea. There were like, three other options we could consider regarding what I'm about to do now, but no, Rheon had to open his mouth and suggest this. Nothing I said or did could change his mind.

The mark on the bottom of my breast tingled at the thought of him, causing me to blush at the mere thought of how it happened that late afternoon. He told me where he wanted to mark me after I beat him at pool that one night at the pub, I just never thought he was serious. But there they were, a set of teeth marks just underneath my right breast.

Of course, my first thought after he marked me was: Am I a werewolf now?

But according to the laws of the supernatural world, it takes a few days before the transformation slowly begins. Rheon promised to keep a close eye on me for when I started showing any signs of wolfing out.

The marking itself was unlike anything I ever experienced; to have our bodies molded together so perfectly, to feel him move against and within me, to be consumed with love, lust, and passion all at once. I was seconds away from reaching my first and best climax ever when his teeth locked against my skin under my breast. The moment they sank into my flesh, stars and fireworks clouded my vision as he marked me and pushed me over the edge of ecstasy.

And after marking me as his, he left me unable to walk for the rest of that day. As well as the day after that.

Since then, it has become impossible to resist him. We were at it at every chance we got, and I finally understood why Reyna and Alexander had to go on an early honeymoon to get it out of their systems. So, for the sake of the castle, I suggested we should go on a short vacation to give them some peace and quiet. And that's when Rheon suggested we should visit my home country so he could meet my parents.

It was a horrible idea, really, but he already made up his mind.

I paused when I spotted them sitting at a table near the back of the room, almost forgetting to breathe when I realized I haven't seen my family in a month.

My father was talking on the phone, dressed in his usual black suit. Mom was chatting with Madison, who obviously wasn't listening as she scrolled through her social media.

"You'll be fine," Rheon's voice sounded behind me as he snaked an arm around my waist.

"I'm not worried about me." I scoffed as he walked us towards my family. "I'm worried about what my father will do to you."

"I'm a duke of Scotland who happens to be a werewolf, Ash," he pointed out casually, "I think they'll like me."

My mother looked up as we stopped at their table, doing a double take after not recognizing me the first time. "Ashlyn?" Tapping my father on the shoulder, she managed to distract him from his call. "For Heaven's sake, Markus, put down the phone and greet your daughter!"

The moment he saw me with a man who wasn't Matt, his eyes narrowed. If looks could kill, I would've been ten feet underground before we could even order starters. Dad hung up on the call without tearing his eyes from us.

"Ashie!" Madison chirped. Her chair scraped against the tiles as she jumped to her feet to greet me, causing every person in the restaurant to stare. "Oh. My. Gosh. You look stunning! How was Scotland?"