Episode 3

A/N:In this episode I will not write the whole school accident and all cause nothing really changes. It'll only be Hunters and Novas pov.

"In the boiling isles there are a lot of disgusting and/or disturbing things you can find that might make you wanna vomit, but this-" Hunter gestured to a giant decaying slimy, trash-covered slug like creature."-this is one of the worst. The trash slug lives from eating what others have thrown to the wayside until it gets hit by a wave and croaks from all the salt."

Luz stared wide eyed at the disgusting carcass, it being the most disturbing sight she ever saw. Hunter was right, it is the worst."I do not like this."

"Yeah, I know it's not the, uhh, nicest sight to see,"He himself cringed in disgust, visibility and sounding like he didn't want to be here."-but we gotta work through it."

He pulled out a pickaxe from his bag and held it out to Luz who recoiled, knowing what she'd have to do, which she definitely didn't want.

"Please don't make me."

"Oh come on Luz,"Nova said a little to enthusiastic for her taste."It's not everyday you get to go to the dump and pick apart a garbage carcass."

"Only once a week. Once a month if we're lucky."Hunter stated. He swung the pickaxe at the dead slug and opened the decaying body in the process.

"So Hunter..."Luz started, while Hunter was still lashed out at the slug making her cringe. "What if we tried some new lessons for my apprenticeship? Like-"Another swing, another cringe."-reading ancient scrolls or mixing potions, or... "

Hunter interrupted her with a huff. "You remember the deal we made on potion making?" He asked while rummaging through the piles of junk that fell out from the slug."Also, I think ancient scrolls are a bit out of your class. Even if you went to magic school, you'd only be learning it about a year later."

"Wait. Is there a magic school here?" She walked over to Hunter, getting excited." Like winding towers, cute uniforms, darks plots that threaten your life kind of magic school?"

Hunter shrugged."I don't know, I never went to one. All I know it's full of jerks, with strict, mean adults trying to teach you the 'proper' way of magic."He turned around to face Luz, getting frustrated with this topic fairly quick."But magic isn't proper. It's wild and unpredictable. And that's why it's so beautiful. And hey, I may have never been to school, but I know more than any of those obedient pawns."

Luz lowered her head a bit upset he shut down the topic so quickly.

" Uh... Hey, here's a little lesson. A great witch is resourceful, like this."Hunter took Luzes hand and put it in a slime puddle.

Luz turned away in disgust. She pulled out her hand and held what she thought was..."Greasy slime ball."

"Use your slime ball wisely, young witch."Hunter stood up to get back to work."Back at it!"

"Actually, if it's okay, I think I'll head home and look at pictures of animals that are still alive." She slowly backed away, then turned around and left.

"Ok more for me then."

"Eek!"

Hunter jumped out of his skin when Nova suddenly popped up behind him. Nova laughed a little.

"Nova!"

-------------------------

The two boys kept digging in the slug looking for something useful.

Nova gasped as he pulled out a pink and lavender CD case."Yes! Another disc of power to add to my collection." He jumped down from where he was standing on the slug and went over to put it away safely in his backpack. On his way back to look for more, something hit him in the face.