Chapter 5

A year passes since then.

Deliah finished school for the year, rightfully earning her summer break, while Springtrap got used to living in Deliah's house, hiding away from Nick at Deliah's request.

Deliah also turned 16, only being able to spend her birthday with the Hurst's family, and Springtrap. She enjoyed it though.

------------------------------

Springtrap sighs. He is sitting on the floor in the middle of Deliah's room, bored. It was in the middle of the night, and Deliah was sleeping in her bed.

He stares at her peaceful face. That's the most he's seen her relaxed at her own house. He just wishes he could do more for her... But with Nick around, and Deliah not wanting him to be known, it's hard.

He wants to be a better friend. But he can't.

He sighs again, resting his head his hands.

Maybe one day...

Footsteps stomp from outside her room. Springtrap looks at the door, listening. What's Nick doing awake at this hour?

He hears something else other than footsteps. A familiar sound... A familiar...

Voice!

He stands up, walking closer to the door to listen better.

It's the quip from Deliah's bunny...

...

He has her bunny??

A sort of anger comes over him. How dare he take her bunny. The one thing left of her mother. That... that monster. He'll pay for what he's done.

He reaches for the doorknob.

"Springtrap?" A gentle voice spoke.

He stops. He slowly turns around, seeing Deliah sitting up on the bed.

"What's wrong?" She whispers. "You look angry..."

"He--"

How will she react if she knows Nick had her bunny? The thing she loves most?

"He has your bunny." He admits.

Deliah freezes for a second, before her eyes widen. "Wha... What? No... No, no. He doesn't. It's right here--"

She lifts her blanket off her bed, to reveal nothing. She stares at her bed for a moment, before her breathing increases. "No! Nononononono! He couldn't have taken it! He cou--"

"Shhh!!"

She pauses. "We have to get it back."

She jumps off her bed. She quickly pases back and forth, thinking. "Uh... Think! Think..." Springtrap was about to say something, but Deliah beat him to it. "Oh! Okay! I need you to get my bunny while I distract him."

"What? No. Deliah, he'll hurt you."

"I'd rather have a hundred brusies on me than leave my bunny behind." She stares at him with a serious look. "Please..."

He sighs. "Okay... But just... please be safe."

She gives him a nod, before she opens the door.

The both of them walk down the hall. Deliah enters the living room while Springtrap stays behind. "Hey Nick!" She yells.

There was a second before angry footsteps came from the kitchen. "The fuck do you want?" He yells back.

"I made her leave!"

"What??"

"I made mom leave! I told her indescribable things!"

His facial features turn angry. Quick. "Shut the fuck up! I know what you did to her! You don't need to remind me!"

"Well too bad! I'm here to pick a fight."

Nick walks forward from the kitchen doorway. "You? Want to fight me?" He laughs. "Alright then, bitch!"

She turns and runs out the front door. "Hey!" Nick yells, chasing her.

Springtrap waits till Nick fully leaves the house, before appearing from the hallway, and making his way towards the kitchen. He looks around a bit, before seeing her bunny on the counter. He snatches it and quickly went to her room, where he sets it down beside her pillow.

He hears Nick scream.

Quickly rounding himself, he goes towards the living room and looks out the window.

It was hard to see, but Deliah was evading Nick while he was trying to punch her.

He sits there in anticipation, hoping to God that she wouldn't get hit...

But then he sees Deliah get punched to the ground.

Then something just snapped. Something inside of him.

He didn't care anymore. He didn't care about Nick seeing him. He didn't care if Deliah wouldn't be happy with him after this.

All he saw was his only friend getting beaten to the ground.

And all the anger was let out. "DELIAH!!" He screams.

Both heads turn towards the porch and Springtrap bursts though the door, jumping down the porch. "What the fuck?? What is--"

Springtrap quickly approachs Nick, punching him in the face, making him fall to the floor. He grunts.

Springtrap kneels down and picks up Deliah, before entering the house again.

He carries her to her room, closing and locking the door behind him, and lays her down on her bed. "Are you okay?" He asks.

She slowly nods. "You... shouldn't have done that... Now he knows..."

"As long as that means you're safe, it's fine."

"Did you... get my bunny?" She asks.

He nods, and points at it. She follows his finger to spot it and smiles. "Thank you..."

"Of course..."

She hugs it, closing her eyes and rolling over.

Springtrap sits back down in the middle of the room, feeling... great. He doesn't feel trapped anymore. He isn't restricted anymore.

He can be that friend he wants to be.

End of Chapter 5

if you get the reference, ily