True Story Of An Addict S01 E55

TRUE STORY OF AN ADDICT

S01 EPISODE 55

The key to the heart of every man is in the hands of his woman. No matter how rigid or stubborn a man may want to prove, it is very astonishing to know that a woman can make him look like the greatest idiot the world has ever seen. Some girls are just straight up angels, solution-provider and a home-maker. Well, you've heard people say that, 'Behind every successful man, there is a supporting woman', this is very truthful.

Putting things into perspective, Janet is very sweet and beautiful; sociable and catchy. The only thing I have against her is her desperate attitude to get what she want by any means possible. Besides, I have enough girls around me already: tall, slim, robust, clean, decent, fiery, humble, cocky...the list is endless.

Me: Thank you for the understanding Janet. Still, I insist on giving you something. So, what do you say?

Janet: I don't want anything else from you save your heart, a chance to be in your life.

Me: My dear, I am sorry. I wish to but I can't. I have given my heart to another.

She stood up, walked around the sitting room and came back to her seat,

Janet: How I wish I can have a man like you. I have never been lucky with guys Uncle Femi. I have dreamt about you and fancied my chances. Sometimes, life is just not fair to people like me.

Me: No Janet, I won't accept that. The same life gave us the opportunities to choose what we want. Though it is true that sometimes we get lesser than what we deserved, the opportunities abound around us to make us obtain the maximum from this life. I agree with you though that we need a bit of luck to enjoy maximum impact of satisfaction and happiness, but, we must remember that we are finite, time-bound, restricted and limited. Issues of life can sometimes be a very complicated complexity; twists and turns, ups and downs. You just have to keep fighting until life gives you what you truly deserve.

Janet: Hmmmm! Your words are so encouraging. I wish...

Me: Wish what?

Janet: I wish you are my man; a man that will....

Me: Hold on! That reminds me. Janet, you still haven't told me what really happened between you and your boyfriend.

Janet: Uncle Femi, that's one area I don't wanna talk about, please. Let's just forget it.

Me: No Janet. Sometimes, we think we are right to do somethings that appear ideal. However, critical analysis of those things will open our eyes to see our errors. So, tell me what really happened.

Janet: Please don't remind me of my pain.

I moved closer to her seat, wrapped my hand across her waist and said,

Me: I will be here if you'ld need a shoulder to cry on. Fireway Janet, I am here.

Janet gave a heavy sigh, looked into my eyes and held my hand,

Janet: Promise me that this will stay between us Uncle Femi?

Me: I've got you Janet. You can trust me.

She readjusted herself on the chair, coughed a little and continued.

Janet: I am a very very naughty girl: raw, seedy, wayward, party-freak and a drunkard. I met my ex-boyfriend, Kelvin, popularly called Coach, at one birthday night party in Ajah. He told me he's into spare part business in Apapa and his house is in opposite Chisco bus stop. I fell in love with him instantly because his car is one of the most expensive cars paraded that night, he's got a decent business, he lives in a nice environment, he looked calm, collected, handsome and rich.