3. Nim Galuu

Third chapter in and already almost halfway through.

That's what happens when you skip the first like 20 mins.

———

MK sat in between Y/N and Ronin as they were now perched on a tree branch.

A little off to the side was Nod, who looked annoyed at Grub in front of him who looked determinedly around.

"It's clear." Ronin said once he was sure, then took off before Landing on another tree branch.

Nod landed a second later, grumpily pushing Mub off his back who happily lay there with a grunt.

MK was staring before she spoke to Ronin. "Why is he even with us? He's not helping."

Y/Ns face slightly scrunched upon hearing how she spoke about Nod.
"He did just help to save your life back there." Y/N scolded. "Give him some credit."

"When he's not being an idiot, he's a pretty decent flyer" Ronin added, watching As Nod got off to push grub back, but then caused Mub to fall off the back.
"Could be one of the best." Nod turned away and groaned. "Plus, His father was my friend. So I do what I can."

"He's really smart when he wants to be" Y/N continued, watching as he still struggled with Mub and Grub. "He just likes to be different most of the time."

Ronin hummed. "Many leaves, one tree."

"What does that mean?" MK asked, looking up at all the leaves above them.

"That we're all individuals" Y/N answered, MK looked to her.
Y/N finally turned away from Nod to also look up at the leaves above. "But we're still connected."

"It's what we live by." Ronin nodded.

"It's nice." Y/N hummed, MK smiled at the both of them before Ronin took off again. "It makes everyone feel less alone."

"Maybe you guys are connected, but I'm on my own." MK said sadly, it made Y/N frown.

"None of us are alone." Y/N grabbed her shoulder softly and squeezed it.

"Not even him." Ronin gestured to Nod once they landed on another branch.

"Hey Nod!" Mub laughed, he was now in front. "How's the view.." he teased, pushing his junk more Into Nods face who cringed.

MK and Y/N laughed at it, Y/N watched for a bit to long, unfortunately for her MK noticed and slightly smirked.

"Soo.. Y/N" MK started, looking behind her to face Y/N. "Are you and him like... a thing?"

Ronin had taken flight again.

Y/N was shocked by the question but was to embarrassed to say anything in front of Ronin.

Ronin was amused by MKs question and started to eavesdrop, smirking ever so slightly.

"No" Y/N reply nonchalantly with a casual shrug of her shoulders. "We're just friends. Why do you ask?"

She could of sworn she heard Ronin scoff, she glared at the back of his head. "Just friends." She said again, more firmly as she stared at Ronin.

He rolled his eyes playfully and MK decided not to push on it anymore.

They were coming closer to the entrance of Nim Galuus tree.

They perched the birds just a little off from the entry, on a moss covered branch.
"Well, here we are." Ronin announced as they stepped off the birds.

"I thought this was a secret leafman mission" Grub stated sadly.
"How many people did the queen tell about this?"

"They're here looking for Answers, nobody knows the queen is gone. Only that the blight is spreading."
Y/N was going to place her hand on Ronin's shoulder In sympathy But Nod stopped her, pulling her hand back down.