A few weeks later

A/N I know Enzo doesn't get captured by the Augustine society until the 40s - 50s but for this story it's earlier so it fits in with everything.

A few weeks later

I felt alive. The feeling was absolutely exhilarating. I could run faster than the wind and see things people only dream of seeing. I was invincible.

Enzo had taught me everything about being a vampire. How to feed on people and make them forget, how to run fast and how to not go off on a blood binge.

I was running through the woods in a little town somewhere in Virginia and I stopped so suddenly that Enzo, who was trying to keep up with me, knocked right into my back. I steadied myself with my newfound strength.

"I feel incredible," I breathed out.

"You know, there are many perks to being a vampire, besides the obvious strength and mind control," he stated, a sly smirk growing on his face.

"Like what?" I frowned.

"Close your eyes," he whispered.

I did as he said, suddenly feeling nervous.

"Listen to birds, the wind, the busy streets from far away. Feel your heart beating in your chest, the blood flowing through your veins."

He placed his hands on my hips from behind, lightly tracing circles over the baby blue dress I was wearing. I felt his breath fanning over my neck and he whispered, "You're so beautiful."

I smiled while I whispered back "Thank you Enzo."

He pressed his nose against my collarbone and inhaled deeply, before he started peppering kisses down my neck with his scorching hot lips.

"How does this feel love?"

"It feels like you're touching every nerve in my body."

He quickly turned me around to face him, before placing his lips over mine all the while walking me backwards until my back hit a tree.

I giggled into the kiss as we bumped heads.

"Are you alright?" He asked concerned.

"Of course I'm alright. I'm not made of glass, I'm a vampire now."

"That still doesn't mean I'm not going to be worried about you all the time."

"We should get back to the hotel. It's getting late and if we plan on leaving for New York tomorrow, we'll have to get up bright and early," I told him.

We walked hand in hand out of the woods and through the streets bustling with people.

That's when I spotted them. A group of men gazing around intently at everyone passing. The one who appeared to be the leader was holding a sharp piece of wood, which he was twirling around in his hand. He looked up suddenly and caught my gaze. He smiled, a hungry smile that made a shiver run down my spine and put me on edge.

Enzo turned me away and pulled me into our hotel and up to our room.

He immediately strode over to the window and pulled the curtain open a bit to look down at the street.

"Who were they?" I asked.

"Judging by the weapons, I'm guessing vampire hunters. The average person doesn't carry around stakes. They usually don't work in groups though," he explained.

I stripped and changed into my nightgown and crawled into bed. Enzo was still stood at the window.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I just don't think it's a coincidence that we happen to be in a town where a group of vampire hunters have suddenly shown up in."

"Maybe it is. I mean, how many vampires are there in the world. Maybe they followed some here, that aren't us," I tried reassuring him.

"You're probably right," he said before following me to bed, "I just have a weird feeling."

"It's probably because we saw them outside. That doesn't mean they're going to find us and stakes us in our sleep."

He nodded and I kissed his temple before laying my head on his chest and drifting off to sleep.

I was shaken awake at nearly two in the morning by Enzo, his eyes wide in fear. "They've found us, I went into the lobby and they were waiting for me. They're coming up the stairs we have to leave now," he stressed.

I quickly slipped on the dress I wore earlier with vampire speed as Enzo smashed the window with a chair. But that wasn't the only crash in the room.
The door was open wide and I was in the corner close to the man who had bashed it open. The man from earlier with the predatory look in his eye.

Enzo rushed at him and shouted, "Fern, get out of here."

I tried but heard him gasp, I turned in confusion to see the man had jabbed a needle into Enzo. I was about to rush to help him when the mans friends came in holding guns, no doubt filled with wooden bullets.

"Go," Enzo rasped.

I did go then, because I knew if I wanted to save Enzo I had to be away from him for a while. I needed to find out what they wanted with him, and knew I'd be damned if I never saw him again.

I watched them from afar as they brought him out and put him in a carriage. There were too many people about to attack then, so I had to wait. I'm afraid I waited too long.

A/N I'm so sorry this took forever and is bad. I don't like the way I wrote this and will probably change it sometime in the future. The next update will be tomorrow since I already wrote it months ago but yeah, life got in the way.