Chapter 18

I wake up with the smell of a certain person in my nose. Leather, old books, cedar wood, and something that is just... Loki. Two strong arms are wrapped tightly around me, and one leg is laying over my hip, making sure I won't disappear. I sigh happily and breathe in deeply, enjoying the closeness and security Loki provides me without even being aware of it.

His warm breath tickles my neck, where he has buried his face at one point in the middle of the night. With a glance at the clock, I see it's only five in the morning, so I close my eyes again, and to the steady beating of his heart, I slip into a state between sleep and unconsciousness. One of his large hands is tangled in my hair, while the other is resting around my waist.

I feel that his mind is at peace. Every time I witnessed him sleeping, his mind was quiet. No negative feelings. Just peace. I sigh happily and snuggle closer to his chest, drawn to his warmth, the way his body feels against mine, and the positive thoughts emitting from his mind.

Loki tugs at the waistband of my shirt until his hand manages to slip under the fabric, where it moves up and down my spine. Very gently, his fingers stroke the sensitive skin above my spine, sending shivers through my entire body. I let out a content sigh and snuggle closer to the god.

A dark rumble beside me catches my attention, and a small smile steals onto my lips as Loki's lips gently brush over the shell of my ear. "Good morning." The hoarse whisper sends a shiver down my spine, and I can feel my cheeks turn a slight shade of red.

"Morning." I mumble sleepily and bury my face in his chest, which vibrates slightly as he chuckles. "You like that?" He whispers in my ear, and his fingers move to the middle of my back. "Mmm." I sigh in contentment, and a dark chuckle makes his chest vibrate again.

The hand buried in my hair begins to massage my head. Gently, his nails scratch my scalp as he plays with my hair. My eyelids grow heavy and finally shut close as my entire body relaxes. "We should get up." Loki finally suggests but doesn't stop moving his hands over my body. I groan. I would love to lay like this all day. It feels as if time had stopped. As if we were in a bubble, sealed off from the outside world.

"I don't want to get up." I murmur stubbornly and snuggle even closer to Loki. "Me neither." He sighs. "But we have to. Think about the mission." "You're right." Most reluctantly, I disengage from Loki, mourning the feeling of his hands once I'm out of his reach.

I can feel Loki's gaze on me as I walk through my bedroom, looking for clothes in my closet. "I'm going to take a shower." I inform him but stop once more in the doorway and turn around, a grin on my lips. "Care to join?"

In less than three seconds, Loki has left the bed and manoeuvred me into the bathroom. "No funny business!" I warn him and almost feel sorry for him as a slight wave of disappointment reaches me, followed by amusement. "Scared?"

"No." A grin that I can't quite define spreads across his face. "Very well." Mischief sparkles in his eyes as he reaches for the hem of my shirt and pulls it over my head. "I believe this is mine." He whispers close to my ear and tosses the shirt I had dispossessed him of a few days ago carelessly onto the floor behind him.

His eyes wander over the exposed skin for a moment before he disposes of his clothes as well, while I am already getting into the shower. I cant help but take a glance down, my face heating up. He really is a god. In every means. Only a few seconds pass until two large hands gently grip my waist and move me a little further into the tiled shower so that Loki has enough space as well.

I'm startled when I feel his bare chest against my back and feel his grin as he buries his face in the crook of my neck. A hand leaves my waist and turns on the water. A moment later, however, it is back at my waist and begins to wander up my side. He gently strokes my belly, sending a pleasant shiver down my spine before his fingers move on.