Rest

I've got a cough rn and thought of this. Enjoy <3
——————————-
Waking up to the feel of a soft pillow. Leah quickly opened her eyes to realise she wasn't on a pillow but on lotte's chest. Leah could hear Lote gently coughing, her chest going up and down. Leah sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Lotts are you okay?" Leah asked concerned

"Yeah sorry just have a bit of a cough. I'm okay. Go back to sleep, sorry to wake you up" Lotte says lifting her head and coughing a bit

Leah shakes her head"No I'm already awake, I'll get you some water" Leah got up, walked to kitchen and outed a glass of water for Lotte.

Lotte sat up, gratefully accepting the water "let's go back to sleep. It's early and you need to rest" Leah said as Lotte finished her water and Leah took the empty glass from her "thank you le" "ofc lotts". Leah crawled back into bed, opening her arms for Lotte to snuggled up into "what if I get you sick leah?" Leah smiled at the worried women "I don't care lotts. I just want you be okay" Lotte smiled and snuggled up into Leah "what would I do without le?" Lotte said smiled with the warmth of Leahs body. Lotte closed her eyes and defined of to sleep. Leah looked over to see her already fast asleep, she smiled and gave Lotte a kiss on the forehead. Laying back into her pillow, she relaxed into the gentle sound of lotte's breathing. And eventually, leah fell asleep.

Leah woke up to her alarm. Reaching over to turn it off she turned round to look at Lotte, still fast asleep. Leah slowly got out of bed, not wanting to wake up the sleeping women, she made her way to the kitchen to make coffee and get some medicine incase Lotte might need it. Walking back into the bedroom, Lotte was still fast asleep. Leah sat at the edge of the bed and gently shook Lotte's shoulder "wake up sleepy head" Lotte began to stir, rubbing her eyes and sitting up "what time is it?" Lotte said in a confused and croaky voice "it's just gone past 9" "sorry I slept in" Lotte said coughing a little "hey don't worry. I purposely let you sleep for your rest. How are you feeling?" Leah said placing her hand in Lotte's "not great, I've got a headache" Leah put her hand on Lotte's forehead "you're really hot lotts, I think you should stay home and rest" "but what about training" "don't worry about training right now. I'll tell Jonas that you'll ill and need rest." "Thank you leah" "of course, I'll go get you some medicine okay?"

Leah went to get some paracetamol to help. "Try sleep okay. Call me if you need me, I'm not far" "thank you Leah, love you. Have fun training" "love you too lotts, rest. See you when I get home" Lotte lay her head back in the pillow, instantly falling asleep. Leah stared and Lotte for a few seconds before smiling and walking out the door.

After training, leah was saying bye to some of the girls "do you and Lotte wanna come round mine and vivs later?" Beth asked approaching Leah "I would love to. I'll see how Lotte is feeling when I get home. She wasn't well this small and during the night" "oh yes of course. Just text me whatever you choose. Hope Lotte feels better soon" Beth says smiling "thanks Beth. I'll let you know what she wants to do. Talk later" and with that Leah walks back to the car.

When Leah finally got home, she unlocked the door and saw Lotte sitting on the sofa watching tv resting her head on her hand "hey lotts how are you feeling?" Leah says sitting next to Lotte putting her arm around Lotte her "better. I slept all morning." "That's great, glad your feeling better" Lotte smiled and rested her head on Leahs shoulder "how was training le" "it was okay, different without you. Beth asked if we want to go round hers and vivs later - I said I would see how your feeling" "we can go. I feel fine" "are you sure? Maybe you should just rest today." "Leah I'll be fine, we can go" "if your sure"

Later on that afternoon, Leah and Lotte drove to Beth's and vivs house. The whole drive there Lotte was very quiet, just looking out the window "you sure your okay Lotte? We can home?" "Leah stop worrying about me, I'm fine" Leah turns her head back to the road, knowing quite well Lotte isn't okay.

Beth made them all a nice pasta dish "dinner is readyyyy" Beth says walking happily into the dining room with the bowl of pasta, Beth asked them each how much they wanted "how much pasta would you like Lotte?" Beth asked putting the spoon in the bowl "oh I'm not very hungry" "Lotte you should eat" Leah says putting her hand on Lotte thigh "no it's fine, I'm not hungry". After they has finished, they went to sit down on the sofa and talked for a bit. Lotte joined in on the conversation to begin with but slowly stopped joining in and was just listening, head rested on her hand. Leah noticed Lottes unusual behaviour, she put her hand on Lottes back, Lotte looked up and gave Leah a weak smile. "Do you guys want to watch a movie?" Viv asks "yeah sure I'm down for that" Leah says looking down and Lotte "do you want ti watch a movie Lotts?"
"Huh? Oh yeah sure".

Around half way through the movie, Lotte rested her head on Leah's shoulders. Slowly, Lotte let her head fall onto Leah's Lap and her body relax, she was asleep. Leah smiled at how tired Lotte is, stroking Lottes hair, she felt how hot LOTTE'S forehead is "Lotte is sweating" Leah says only loud enough for Beth and Viv to hear "is she still sick?" Beth asks pausing the movie "I think she has a fever" "you should go home, Lotte should go to bed" Viv says "your right, thank you guys. See you at training" "Lotte, Lotts wake up. We're going to home" Leah says gently shaking her, Lotte groaned at being woken up. She slowly say up and Leah helped Lotte into the car. Lotte instantly fell asleep in the car.

When they got home, Leah helped Lotte into their house and into bed. "Thank you le" Lotte says sleepily "I love you Lotts, rest okay? I'm right here" Lotte nodded and snuggled up into Leah.

The next morning Leah woke up to the sound of Lotte's steady breathing - she's still asleep - it was 10am. Leah lay there with Lotte in her arms for a bit until Lotte began to stir "morning gorgeous, how are you feeling?" Leah says stroking Lotte's hair "morning, not great." "I feel weak, I've got a really bad headache and I'm constantly hot then cold" - these are all symptoms of a fever - "I think you have a fever Lotts" Lotte didn't reply back "Lotte?" "Sorry le." "For what?" "For being ill" "hey it's not your fault, it's something you can't stop. You just need to rest. I'll be here the whole time until you feel better" "I'm so lucky to have you" Lotte says smiling "I love you Lotts, go back to sleep okay" Lotte lied back into Leahs arms "thank you leah" Lotte closed her eyes and was instantly asleep, Leah smiled and pulled Lotte in closer "feel better soon baby".
——————
Sorry if this is really bad. It's 9:53pm and I cba to write, my fingers hurt and I'm tired. Hope you somewhat liked this story.
Stay safe x
A <3