Vampires?

You woke up an hour ago and had already started to make breakfast for the Dimitrescus.

You had a list of directions on how to make their breakfast.

Finally, you were done cooking the food and just had to get the drinks, they had a wine called Sanguis Virginis.

You thought the name was weird since it meant maiden blood, but you ignored it.

You went out of the kitchen to the dining room with the plates in your hands.

You placed the plates in front of the daughters first and then in front of the countess.

You went back into the kitchen to grab the bottle of wine. Then you went back to the dining room to pour everyone a drink.

You felt all eyes on you as you poured the wine into Cassandra's wine glass.

You heard Cassandra sniff you.

She hummed

"The smell of your blood is just so irresistible" she smiled.

"Cassandra don't play with her too much" the countess spoke.

Cassandra humphed and picked up her glass of wine which you were done filling.

After filling up Danielas and Bela's glasses you made your way to the countess' glass, her daughters were arguing over something stupid.

You slowly and carefully poured the wine into the glass.

"BOO!" Cassandra appeared behind and scared the shit out of you and you almost spilled the wine on the countess.

You lifted the bottle quickly so that way it wouldn't spill then you turned around quickly.

Now the woman was staring down Cassandra.

"You almost made the maiden spill the wine on my dress" she scolded the girl.

"Sorry Mother." The girl apologized.

The woman pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Just sit down, maiden you may go, make sure you are at my chambers by one." The lady ordered.

"Of course my lady" You bowed slightly then left the room.

After a while of wondering the castle halls you finally made your way to the countess's chambers.

You knocked on the door and waited for someone to tell you to come in.

You heard a 'enter' from the other side of the door so you opened the door and closed it gently.

You turned back around to see the countess sitting at her desk and writing something down.

She looked up at you then stood and made her way towards you, with doing little to nothing the woman still intimidated you.

"I'm thirsty," the woman said blatantly.

"What would you like to drink." You asked trying to sound confident, but it simply wasn't working.

The countess didn't respond and just grabbed your wrist bent down and started to suck your blood.

Your eyes widen, you didn't know if it was from the pain or the surprise that this 9-foot-tall woman was sucking your blood.

'Are these people vampires!?' You asked yourself.

A few seconds later the woman pulled her mouth away from your wrist.

She hummed.

"Clean my room." She commanded you

"W-wha-" you were cut off.

"I will be in here to tell you if you're doing something wrong." She said.

Then the woman turned and walked back to her desk proceeding to sit down again.

"Cleaning materials are right outside my room, start with dusting." The countess said simply.

You went out to grab a duster, and you then went back and started to dust off things, it was pretty easy, but it made you nervous because of the fact the countess was here.

Finally, you were done dusting.

The woman stood and looked around the room, then she drew her finger across her dresser to see if there was any dust on it still.

There wasn't. Now the countess was looking down at you. You were nervous that you did a bad job.

"You did good It's perfectly clean in here, but don't get ahead of yourself, you have a lot more to learn," the woman said.

You relaxed a bit knowing that you did good.

But you were still weirded out by the fact that you were in a giant castle with vampires.

But in your opinion, it's better than freezing to death out in the cold.

For the rest of the day, you learned how to clean properly and what to use.

It was pretty easy to get the hang of it, but now it was night and time for you to rest.

Word count (734)