Different

[A/N: The beginning will be the Dimitrescu sisters POV]

Bela swarmed into the main hall where her sisters were.

Cassandra was leaning back against the couch and had her feet up on the table.

And Daniela was watching the fire up close.

"Cass, put your feet down. You're going to dirty the table" Bela said

"Ugh, whatever." Cassandra rolled her eyes and then took her feet off the table.

Daniela stood up and sat next to Cassandra on the couch.

"Don't you think it's weird?" Daniela asked.

"What's weird?" Cassandra raised an eyebrow.

"The way Mother has been acting around that maiden?" She stated

Cassandra hummed.

"Yeah it is a bit off-brand for her," Bela said

"Totally, but why does it matter?" Cassandra asked

Daniela just shrugged and looked up at the clock.

"Well I have to go, I'm getting a bit hungry," Daniela said then swarmed off.

[Alcina Dimitrescu POV]

The countess was in her room doing her makeup.

'Y/n.. what a strange human' She thought to herself now finishing her makeup.

She put down the eyeshadow on her vanity and sat there for a moment.

Suddenly the doors to her chamber open and you walk in.

"My lady" you bowed slightly.

The countess looked at you through her mirror.

"Y/n, please knock next time," The countess said.

"S-Sorry my lady," you said.

Suddenly the countess's phone rang, the woman picked it up and put it to her ear.

It was Heisenberg.

"What do you want you incompetent fool?" The woman asked aggressively.

You could only hear the countess speak, you were too far away to hear Heisenberg, but what you did know was that this conversation was escalating quickly.

"If you don't-" the countess was cut off.

The woman growled. And then slammed the phone down.

"That stupid fool" the countess murmured.

"Is everything all right?" you asked the woman.

"Does it look like it? That child only called to insult me! So gauche." She grumbled.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" You asked her

The question seemed to have surprised the woman, she turned to look at you and sighed.

"Do you mind getting me a lighter from the Duke? He should be in the castle today" she said then turned back around.

And with that, you left the room.

'She is a strange one' the woman thought.

[Y/n POV]

You entered the room where the Duke was and closed the door behind you.

"Ah Y/n, I've been expecting you," the man said.

You were startled a bit, you had no idea how this man knew you.

"W-who are you, how do you know me!?" You said alerted.

"Well, I am the Duke, I know everyone" he responded.

You eyed the man

"Did you come to buy something?" He asked

You cautiously made your way to him.

"Yes.. do you have a lighter?" You asked him

"Why of course, I'll even make it free of charge." He said encouragingly.

He handed you a lighter. It was white with gold-inclined flowers on it. You looked back at the man.

"Can I get you anything else?" He asked.

"No... I'm good" you said as you started to leave.

"Well have a good rest of your day." He said just before you left the room

"What a strange man" you muttered.

Soon you were back in the countess's room.

"Did you get what I asked for?" The countess said.

She was writing something down in some type of journal or diary. You never had one though you wished you had.

"Yes-"

"Good, light my cigar" The countess held her cigarette so you could light it.

You quickly came to the countess's side and lit her cigar, the woman put it to her mouth and took a long drag of it.

Then she blew smoke into the air, you thought she looked elegant, I mean she always looked elegant and was elegant.

Even if she was killing someone. you didn't know how she did it.

You realized that you Were staring a bit too long and looked away quickly, but it was too late for that.

"Why must you always stare at me like a puppy dog begging for something?" The woman asked in a condescending voice.

You glanced at her for a second and then looked away quickly in embarrassment. Your face was painted a bright red.

Now the countess was looking at you.

"Are you just going to ignore me, because I assure you that it will get you nowhere." She said, demanding an answer.

"I- uh... " You stuttered

"Well?" She persisted

"B-because, i-its hard not to.." You said still looking away.

The woman snatched your chin and forced you to look at her.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" She said her voice a little bit more agitated.

"I-it just that.. you beautiful, a-and I just get lost in your beauty sometimes.." You said without thinking.

The countess was astonished by what you just said and quickly dropped your chin.

You quickly cover your mouth realizing what you just said.

"I-i d-didnt-" you were cut off.

"Well if that's the case try not to stare too long," the woman said now back with her poker face on.

You stood there confused by her reaction.

"You may retire maiden," the woman said waving you off.

You stood there for a couple more seconds.

"Well, are you just going to stand there?" The countess asked.

And with that you rushed out of the room, still quite confused.

You made your way to the library and sat down, and you were lost in your thoughts.

Word count (961)