Part 7

Chapter 45

 The carriage has passed through five or six big cities and dozens of small towns, and the two of them did not stop much along the way. Since half a month ago, Zhang Fan felt that someone was following them with malicious gazes.

 Since they didn't take the initiative to attack, Zhang Fan decided to ignore them and continue on his way. Along the way, Haisel's injuries have gradually healed, and his mood has become more cheerful. Zhang Fan didn't want these unimportant things to disturb Haisel's rare recovery.

 At night, Zhang Fan drove the car into the dark woods and parked on a flat grassy field. Jumping out of the car neatly, stepping on the thick ground made Zhang Fan, who had been working as a carriage all day, feel much more comfortable.

 Hassel, who was wearing a light blue gown, jumped out of the carriage, holding a bag of fragrant fruits in his hand. The beautiful fan-shaped ears fluttered slightly, looking at the dark elf bouncing on the grass, a touch of happiness appeared in his eyes.

 Taking out the slightly heavy water tank from the car, Zhang Fan skillfully opened the lid, and it was full of freshwater fish Hessel caught from the river a few days ago. The water tank is specially improved with space magic, which can store fresh live fish for a long time.

 Like countless nights before, I took out the silk quilt and spread it on some sharp grass. An elf, a mermaid, and two creatures of different races sat next to each other, enjoying the leisure and comfort of this moment together.

 Hassel reached into the water tank and casually took out a freshwater fish that was alive and kicking. The fingertips moved slightly, and the dark blue claws easily penetrated the fish's brain. The freshwater fish in his hand shook violently a few times, and gradually stopped struggling.

 The sharp claws quickly cut off a complete piece of fish skin, and Hassel waved his fingers slowly and gracefully. Slices of sashimi that are almost transparent appear on the bare fish bones, and the moonlight shines through the thin sashimi, reflecting a crystal luster.

 On the quiet grass, the sound of the dark elf swallowing saliva suddenly sounded. Hazel let out a chuckle, which echoed in the quiet woods like an organ.

 Shaking the delicious food in his hand, the mermaid looked at the dark elf whose skin was gradually turning dark red with a sly face.

 "Would you like to have a bite?" The sweet voice was full of teasing temptation.

 At this time, Hessel didn't know that the elves would react violently after eating meat. I just wanted to see if Fan, who only ate fruit, would frown and spit out the fish meat from his mouth in disgust.

 "No need." Zhang Fan refused without even thinking about it. It was a joke. If he really ate it, he would definitely lie down for another ten days and a half months. His dark red eyes shimmered in the dark night, staring at the mermaid with a pity-looking face beside him.

 "Puchi~" Haisel, who was holding the fish fillet, laughed out loud, how could Fan have such a cute expression, it was not at all like the Fan he just met. The sails at that time were always lifeless and rigid, but as they are now, they are full of vitality.

 Are these changes all because of yourself? A trace of sweetness rose in my heart. After a brief sweetness, it is uncomfortable sourness. Should I really have such a luxury?

 Hassel lowered his head, silently eating the sashimi in his hand, suppressing the sadness, grief and deep self-mockery that kept pouring out of his heart.

 Zhang Fan was still immersed in the embarrassment just now, and didn't notice the mermaid's sudden change of mood.

 His heart contracted slightly, he dropped the fruit, Zhang Fan stood up abruptly, and took off the bow and arrow on his back. Haisel turned around at the same time, opened his light blue lips, and let out a scream that only Fan could hear.