01| Catch

01| Catch

Ups and downs, highs and lows, fights and fun, love and heartbreak; we believe our lives are only driven by these extremes. Honestly, to a great extent it is, these situations are what shape us eventually but majority of life is truly hidden in the ordinary.

Life lies in days when we wake up to the alarm early in the morning to send children off to school, to eat breakfast in a rush brushing upon the last details of the document we left unread the previous night but not forgetting to kiss a goodbye to each other. It's sitting in front of the laptop for hours, vetting contracts, mugging information, meeting clients and still being able to sneak in a chat with friends during the lunch. It's in pushing yourself for one last pilate but feeling all okay finding your husband wait for you in car to go home. It is in grossing out at the sight of a bland dinner but eating it because you are a mother now. It's in sitting with your kids in the garden and hearing their stories of the day, screaming at them to stop fighting with each other or playing very recklessly. It's in scrolling through your Instagram reels, having your body ache in tiredness with your eyes full of sleep but instantly feeling better having your freshly showered husband hold you up and talk to you under the lamp.

Knowingly or unknowingly, most of our lives exist in the routine, the mundane, the dullness when we are too engrossed to feel too much, to think too much, when it's simply happening and we are going with the flow until we just can't.

Sithara was feeling the can't lately. Life has been too slow for a while now. She hardly got any time off work, Arsalan was busy himself, in fact they barely met the last three days. Children had just got done with their exams and spent all day nagging their grandmother for one thing or the other. She did not even remember the last time she had hung out with Kabir and Poorva.

Sithara was drained, & frustrated. She really could not see herself serving a purpose in life. She was just mindlessly doing her job, and struggling to buy herself a proper sleep at night, and regretting not having spent quality time with her husband and children.

"Yes." Sithara spoke over the call, getting out of her trance. It was from the NGO. "Ma'am I did visit the authorities regarding absence of teachers. The IAS agreed to do a tour of the government schools in the area from tomorrow and keep us in loop."

"Finally some build up. Did you also tell him that syllabus is never fully covered?"

"I did bring that to his attention and gave him the reports of the survey we did. He looked quite interested. Let's see. He knows Arsalan Sir."

"Oh that's nice. Okay, let me know the progress. I'll try be there day after tomorrow." Sithara concluded, hearing a knock on the door. "Come in." She assented, typing something on her laptop.

"Ma'am Arsalan Sir is waiting for you in his cabin." She looked up at the guy. "Okay, I'll meet him." She smiled. "How is the baby and the wife??"

"They are doing well Ma'am. Didn't want to leave them but work. Sir has already been generous enough to give me a month off."

"I understand. Let me know when you plan to settle them in Delhi. I'll ask the NGO to help you with it."

"Yes, sure Ma'am."