11| Circus

hey could you all follow my handle on Instagram "shamvvii" and help me ⬆️ my reach

11| Circus

To live in a world where you're just a click away from being able to do anything; where you would get any thing you want delivered to right in your hands, where you would talk to people miles apart in comfort of your house. Oh! Didn't we all desire this life?? But ah, what sadness it brings along.

Sithara was sat on the dining table with a hunched back, tiredly typing out the final comments on the draft of the contract. What misery it was to have the office come home? She could be sitting with Ammi and watching a Pakistani drama, or she could be strolling in the garden with Daniya gossiping about what other girls were doing, or she could be with her children playing games or simply with her dear husband making love. But no!! She was here, straining the fuck out of her eyes, reading documents running into a hundred pages and what not.

But who could Sithara blame????? Capitalism? The corporate circle? Her boss who was her own fucking husband??? She hated Arsalan.

"Let loose Sithara." Ammi tittered as she filled her glass with water. "Who makes you so angry??" She questioned. She'd been observing her expressions for the last fifteen minutes and could see her stressed and angry.

"Your son." She replied, lifting her eyes with intent.

"Arsalan?" Ammi exclaimed. "It is weekend right?" She looked into her phone to confirm what day it was. Everyday in the lockdown felt like a Sunday but not to Sithara.

"You know he is talking to the client on Tuesday yet he is making me work till ten on a Friday night with no dinner." She complained.

"Make sure you don't give him sex this weekend and he knows the reason." Daniya commented and Inaya giggled as they walked in the dining area after a walk.

"I'm not." Sithara agreed.

"Better, just resign." Ammi instead suggested.

"Trust me Ammi, I want to, so bad, right now. But if I could.." Sithara made a puppy face.

"Ah, I don't understand you Sithara. You can really not work and it will be same, you annoy me sometimes, really." Ammi added. She was right. Sithara would complain about having to work twenty-four seven yet she would never want to leave her job. But only a person who has ever worked could understand the dilemma.

Sithara feared losing her brilliance, her intelligence, she feared wasting years of hard-work and knowledge to idly sit at home and get bored.

But at the same time she was not wrong when she said it is a torture to be a corporate slave. People like her own husband made it difficult.

"Ammi I wish I could explain." She responded and Ammi shook her head disgruntled.

Sithara attached the document on the e-mail to Arsalan, briefing him on the matter a bit before sending it with a steadfast 'hesitate to contact me' declaration.

"Call Arsalan, I'll serve you both. Who has dinner so late? We have always taken care of ourselves and followed a proper schedule yet we have so many ailments, how will you all manage with such a broken routine???" Ammi rambled and she could hear her own mother lecture. She used the same musings.

"I try." She admitted to Ammi. Her mother was constantly pushing her to improve & upgrade her life that finally she had become conscious of her lifestyle. She had begun to plan healthy meals for herself with a lot of movement, and time in nature, away from screen yet sometimes she couldn't help but fall prey to her job.