09| Glitter

merry christmas, gift me comments

09| Glitter

"Really??" Sithara peeked through the door before entering the room. The lamps were switched on and the three were sat on the bed with her son in the middle. "How dare anybody scare my Arryn????" She nudged, trying to read the mood.

"Amma I didn't cry." Arryn clarified before his mother could speak any further. He didn't want to come out as a weakling amongst his siblings. But Sithara could see his pale face, and observe his anxious, confused and fearful eyes. "Aadya is lying."

"Amma, such a liar!!!!!!!!!" Athiya accused. "He ruined my sleep." She spoke disinterestedly, her tiny eyes drooping in sleep.

"Amma." Arryn angrily screeched and she could see her husband's annoyed expressions carved on her son. She loved the resemblance. It had her heart. "Amma..she is."

"Abba." Athiya cribbed, snuggling into Arsalan with a puppy face and resting her head on his chest to rest herself. She clearly did not seem a bit interested in the situation. She'd rather go back to sleep any minute.

"Arryn. Jaan. It's okay." Sithara took him in her embrace, putting an end to his ramblings. "Tell me about it." She kissed his forehead, glaring at Athiya disapprovingly for always dismissing her brother's emotions but she shrugged it off.

Aadya was her sweetest child. She was kind, she was caring, she was loving, like how she was sat right now, all attentive, and alert to help her brother out. But Athiya. Simply notorious.

"Amma are Muslims deliberately spreading Coronavirus???" Arryn straight up asked taking Sithara and Arsalan totally off-guard. Both looked at each other, shook. "Who told you this?" Arsalan asked back, uncomfortably shifting his position.

"Vansh. Everybody was talking about it in the zero period. All of my friends agreed." Arryn looked up at Sithara cautiously. "I didn't tell them that I am Muslim."

Sithara was speechless. She didn't see this coming. "Did you forget? I explained that it spreads when a person coughs, sneezes or gets in contact with the infected hands of the patient?? It has nothing to do with religion baby..."

"Amma?? In my dream Jamal Bhai turned into a zoombie and spat in our food to give us Covid so that we die??" Sithara was appalled. She dared not look at her husband.

"Jamal Bhai is so nice to you??? He brings you chocolates, he plays with you even when he is tired, he always helps Amma with all the chores. Do you think he is capable of hurting us?" Sithara questioned and he innconently denied. "Amma I was scared." She did not know what to speak further. Arryn was too young to understand politics behind the concocted propaganda that was being spread to divert the focus from important issues. It was dirty and ugly that it had reached children.

"You need to stop watching these stupid, unrealistic movies." Arsalan couldn't say anything more; Sithara could see he was trying to control his frustration and not lash out at Arryn for talking rubbish.

"I know right Abba, Aadya and I suggested a Romcom, but Arryn thinks he is too manly to watch one." Athiya piped in and it equally irritated him. Romcoms? They were hardly eleven.