3) Lilith

My eyelids fluttered as I tried to open my eyes. I immediately shut them due to bright light hitting me.
I felt a sharp pain in my head followed by continuous thumping inside it.
Motherfucking shit.

I rubbed my eyes and I tried to open them again. I was successful this time in doing so. It took me few seconds to adjust my vision. I looked at the surroundings only to see a full furnished room with grey walls and it was definitely not my bedroom.

I brought myself in the sitting position on the bed as my neck pained along with a throbbing headache. I was having a conversation with a Don and the second after it I was here. What the fuck?

I tried to recollect my memories. Arnold broke into my house. Threatened me about kidnapping and killing me. He was standing in front of me while he said something and I had experienced a sharp pain in my neck later.

He really did kidnap me. I let my feet fall on the ground, stumbling a little before I stood up properly. I looked for the door but it was locked. Shit.
A shaky breath escaped my lips while I grabbed my hair in frustration. I noticed a glass window as I made my way towards it, hoping if I could jump off.

However, the room I was in was quite high from the ground. I didn't want death. Not just now. The sun was already up and I was in the same clothes as yesterday. I didn't even know if it was yesterday. It could have been one night, two nights, multiple nights since I had been asleep. Who knew. Definitely not me.

I leaned my standing self standing self on the glass and I lightly bang my head against it. I had spent my most of the childhood being locked. I didn't want that same shit again. But the only difference was, I had my mother with me back then.

I seriously hated Arnold Donavan before but something changed. I despised him now. The reason for me becoming a criminal lawyer was to establish justice to whoever deserved so that people like Arnold would suffer.
Son of a bitch.

I didn't understand him at all. Not only him but every gangster or a mafia or a criminal. What was the point in killing or kidnapping anyone? Pleasure? Money? Power? One could get these by living a normal life. I did.

I sighed, gulping a huge lump formed in my throat. Fuck. This was depressing. I was kidnapped by the biggest mob boss and to my luck, there was no escape.
He was called a Don for a reason. My insides were  burning thinking about him like my skin was set on fire due to the rage I was experiencing.

My hold on the flower vase tightened which I didn't know when I grabbed. I should have listened carefully when mama was giving me anger management lessons.

I raised my arm in the air in attempt to throw the glass at the door. As soon as the glass item launched in the air, instead of hitting the door, it hit someone's well-built-bicep. And the vase broke into pieces after landing on the floor.

The man was dressed in a black half sleeve t-shirt along with black sweatpants and black leather jacket. Black like his heart. I could recognise him from a mile away in full of a crowded area just because of his infamous buzz cut. Dar-fucking-cel. His reflexes were faster than my blinking.

"I meant to aim it for the door but looks like god had better plans" I uttered feeling annoyed all of a sudden. Not even a few seconds passed and I was fed up.

His brown eyes landed on the shards of the glass and then at me. "That was 4000 dollars princess." He exclaimed while stepping towards me. Did I look like I care? Hell nah.
His hand extended as he threw a bunch of clothes on the bed. Probably for me.

"How many days since I have been here?" I asked, sticking to my place.

"Just one night." He answered with his hands in the pockets.

"Tell me why I am being captivated for your sins." I asked again. There were bunch of questions I wanted to ask him. I was not their prisoner. I was going to get myself out of this.

"Get ready and come for breakfast. I don't have time for your bullshit." He snapped which made me almost flinch. His tone was harsh and rude.

He was about to left the room when i heard his voice
"A sin behind a good reason is never a sin." He spoke without looking back. He shut the door and left the room, leaving me in my thoughts.

I looked at my palms which were red and had my nail marks because how I hard I was clenching them. I was so pissed at Donavan brothers. I had no idea what he meant by the last line he uttered out.

My gaze lingered at the clothes on the bed for a few minutes. I sighed for the hundredth time feeling a sense of defeat within my veins. I picked them up and made my way towards wherever the fuck bathroom was.

A hum escaped my lips, feeling the effect of cold water on my body. The coldness of water surely calmed my nerves to some extent. I wiped the water droplets from my face and made my way out of the shower with droplets falling down at my feet. I wore the clothes after drying my body. A weird fragrance reached my nostrils. I was not wearing any perfume. And then it hit me, it was coming from the oversized hoodie that I was wearing. Just to be sure, I sniffed it closely and a strong earthy, citrus and a little mix of floral scent entered my nose. The clothes were definitely worn before. Of course. What did I expect him to bring me new pair of clothes? I mentally scoffed at my thoughts.

My eyes landed on my reflection in the mirror. People always said I looked a lot like my mama. I hope I had the same amount of strength she possessed. A glimpse of her smiling face flashed across my eyes and my lips twitched. Remembering her when I was in trouble was always the best solution.
You are going to get yourself out of this, Lilith.
I mentally spoke to myself, reminding myself that I shall escape from here no matter what.