6) Lilith

A man's hand went to her waist which made the girl in the video flinch as she stepped back. Another man came behind her and held her ass. She tried to escape but one more man held her. My breath got stuck in my throat as many times as her clothes were being removed after all the punches, slap and kicks she threw at the three men. Those monsters were huge and bulky. No matter how strong she was, she could escape.

My eyes watered as I shut the laptop with a loud thud. No woman deserved to go through what the woman in cctv footage did. I covered my face with my hands briefly, overlooking the burning gaze of Arnold and Darcel. I was still processing every single detail I just saw. There was no audio but I could hear the screams of that woman. I could hear her pleas. I could hear her cries. This whole thing was way deeper than I thought.
The building rage inside me wanted to unalive Kane who thought who wouldn't get to know the sin he did.

Two of the men were already dead or should I say murdered. Kane escaped and I fucking knew he was hiding something. He tried to rape a mafia's woman with his friends and then he sued Darcel for killing his friends. What a poor game play he did.

"How the fuck Kane escaped?" I looked over the younger brother whose eyes were settled on the glass which he was holding with tight grip.

"If I have had known, you wouldn't be here." His cold yet harsh voice echoed.

"Is she fine?" My voice dropped low as my brain filled with sudden memories. I snapped myself back immediately before I started to get inside my head.

Darcel's eyes softened for a split second before he looked away and nodded to my question. My body filled with relief.  I watched him getting up with that damn laptop in his hands, leaving me and the elder Donavan brother alone.

I peeked at him and he was already looking at me with his demonic eyes. That browinsh shade spoke volumes which I would never be able to understand. I cleared my throat, wanting to speak something.

"Where's my phone?" I needed to call Camilla because Zedla was at her house. I wanted to meet my dog back, only she was the one to lighten up my mood. Moreover, I needed to answer my superior about why I was not at the work. One thing more, I needed to talk to Kane. A serious fucking one.

"Ahh. Done with silent treatment. I see." His words coated with amusement. First of all, I was not giving him a silent treatment. I was just not in the mood to have a word with him. However, there were times when I must just like now.

"That wasn't my question"

"No. You may not get your phone back." He got up and so did I. I was done with his commanding ass.

"Listen Mr. Donavan, I have had enough of your shit. You forcefully brought me to your house and made me live with you. So here I am. You don't rule my life and I refuse to keep up with your orders. Neither I am your maid nor your prisoner. Its my phone and I have every right to take it. Don't make me tell everyone about your-

"Fucking breathe. I don't want you to be dead unless I plan to do so." Instantly, I was trapped between his large arms while my back was touching the table. My eyes travelled from the solid veins on his arms to his face. He arched his brow.
Shit.
He noticed it.
A lump formed in my throat as I didn't dare to gulp it. It would make evident that I was nervous.

"Go to your room. We will talk about this later."
What about my phone? I proceeded to open my mouth but the warning in his eyes stopped me to do so.
"And don't pull up any tricks that will make you lock inside the room." He continued and I realised how my spine stiffened at the word 'lock' particularly.

"You won't lock me." I placed my hands on his chest in an attempt to push him. He pulled me more closer as if we were already not close enough. He went past my face, stopped near my ear. "Sounds like a personal trauma." He whispered.

I slipped through his arms as soon as his hold loosened and went to my room, not forgetting to leave the door slightly open. I absolutely hated how he was right most of the times.

I sat on the bed as I took a bite of the taco. I was not in the mood to eat but I had to, knowing I didn't had a proper meal since yesterday. The last thing I wanted was to faint because of hunger. I had grown to take care of myself. If I didn't who would then? Thats what years of loneliness did to me and I was grateful to some extent. Atleast I wasn't dependent or attached to any outsider.

I took another bite and realised the food was cold. It didn't matter as long as my stomach was filled. I stared at the empty bag in my hands, surprised at me. How the fuck I managed to eat three tacos? Guess I was too hungry to notice anything. And too lost in my thoughts. I picked up the water from the bedside stand as I gulped the half glass and proceeded to lay on the bed. It was my second favourite activity as I would think about ways to solve my cases and shit worked everytime. My first favourite activity was painting.

My head hit the pillow and I closed my eyes. The flashbacks of the video hit me like a truck and I opened my eyes again. Fuck. I went through it and I swore to make sure no woman had to go through this fucked up shit. But she did. I didn't even know her name and yet here I was burning in rage. I might be late to step in but it's never too late. I sure didn't loose any case till now because I always a way to seek justice for the ones even through corrupted and illegal means. Justice mattered more than the way of achieving it. Fuck sick people and fuck their sick rules and laws.
I would make Kane pay for his sins just like Darcel did for his friends.

My ears ringed as I heard creaking of the door and I saw Darcel walking towards me. He threw phone on the bed, beside me. I eyed the device and it was my phone.

"Arnold sent it." He announced.

"He is making you play delivery boy now?" I opened my phone to see dozens of texts from some people. And then I heard a deep chuckle. My eyes snapped towards Darcel and he was standing.

"Was the video enough to convince you?" He placed his one knee on the bed.

"You say like you guys gave me a choice. But yes." I straightened my spine. "Look, the next hearing is after 2 months and tell your lawyer to prepare a false evidence to prove Kane wrong. Rest is on me." My own words seemed unknown to my ears. However I was sure enough about whatever I uttered. As I said justice mattered more.

"What does your 5'7 self going to do?" He crossed his arms over and the challenge in his eyes was evident.

"Come on, you brothers must have saw something in my 5'7 self for me to kidnap. Didn't you?" I raised my brows. "Nevermind. I am gonna do absolutely nothing. I will just sit and loose deliberately. Then you can kill Kane after some time gap." My plan was absolutely crystal clear with no dust in it. If loosing was the thing that cost me, I was fine. Sometimes failure is necessary too. Wasn't it?

His eyes widened just by a mere centimetre. He didn't trust me. And the feelings were mutual. I prepared myself for giving him explanations about why he should trust me. Because gaining a mafia trust equals to no dying.
"I can't stand any man doing those things to someone you called your woman. I sure am a lawyer but not a perfect one and I can never be the one. I hope this explains everything." I wrapped up my justification and according to what I was seeing, he looked quite pleased by it.

"Get ready by 8:30 am tomorrow. Need to discuss the details with my lawyer." He left the room. I shut my eyes close, realising the big words I said in front of Darcel. The acceptance was hard. Acceptance that I was siding with mafias. Siding with another criminal in order to get justice for that girl. Washing away the tiny bit of lingering regret, I realised it was for good, no matter how tough of a road it was.

I covered myself with the blanket, thinking about what could happen tomorrow. I hoped I don't regret my choices the next day. And I know I would not. If god failed in giving the karma to the ones who needed it, I would be the karma that they never even thought of it.