Not What It Looks Like

(Jake Pov) 

    My heart was pounding, Half joy, half absolute terror. I had just kissed Hailey, but Zander managed to make his way here way too soon. There may be a thick glass window between us, but there's no car windshield that could hold the hell I was about to pay. 

I hopped out of the car with my arms up in the air, like some most wanted criminal who is trying to figure out how to run away on some cop show. 

Z- WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK MAN! 

L- Sweetie.... Calm down please...

Z- -snicker- Not today hun

J- It wasn't what it looked like!

Z- Oh Jake, don't you know to check your surroundings before doing something?? I saw the whole thing play out! 

J- But Zander! Think on the bright side! Your sister is okay, I kept her safe!

Z- you could've done that without smooching on her! 

I looked back to see Hailey's reaction to all of this, but she looked like she was trying to hide herself. 

J- -sigh- Look, I'm sorry for not talking to you first, but I really do love her. 

Z- swear? Swear on your life?

J- I swear.

-silence-

Z- Okay.. Fine. But if you ever hurt her... You are done for, just as you swore, got it?

J- Got it!

I stuck a thumbs up behind my back to signal it was safe for Hailey to show herself.

Hailey got out of the car and stood next to me.

H- Hi you guys... didn't see ya there -awkward laugh-

Z- can you guys wait here? I need to speak with Hailey, in the car.

L- Of course Hun!

J- Sure thing!

J (whisper to H)- Good luck.. he's not really happy.

she nodded and got in the car with Zander, and you could tell by the hand motions and facial expressions, they were arguing.

J- so.. uh how'd you guys get out here so fast?

L- Let's just say Zander's "no good" sense was telling him something, so he told me we were going to have to walk here, turns out we're only 2 minutes back from you guys. Seems his sense isn't all that bad in everyone but his eyes. 

J- yeah, we weren't expecting all of that to happen...

L- trust me, Zander expects things even when nobody else does. 

J trust me, I know.

-both laugh-

/10 pm\

- Jake & Hailey texting-

J- hey

H- Hey

J- hows the car doing?!

H- It's pretty messed up still but insurance fully covered it!

J- good news

H- 100%

J- so the other thing...

H- mmm that.

J- no not the bag of chips

H- I know u dork

J- lol

J- did it mean smth 2 u?

H- ofc! 

J- wanna talk bout it in person??

H- whatever u want 2 do!

J- KK in 10?

H- RN?!

J- oh not what u were thinkin-

H- I was thinking tmrw! its late!!

J- its ok

H- ykw, we can meet in 10.

J- U sure?

H- but if smth happens i'm blaming u.

J- KK! meet in the woods between our streets.

H- K, Sometimes I wonder if ur planning to murder me-

J- lol Its cuz of my killer looks 😉😉

H- Oml 😒

J- too good?

H- dork. 

J- u know u like it. 

H- U meeting me or not??

J- right coming

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-at the meeting spot-

Whenever me and Hailey came out to the woods to hang out, she was always late.. Which is supposed to be my job! But in this situation, if I was late god knows what could happen to her. 

H- Jake! I'm here!

I turned around to see her, she was wearing the dress from last night when we all danced in the pouring rain.. but somehow it felt as if I've never seen her like that before.

J- woah, Hailey you look..

I was at a loss for words, but I was smiling uncontrollably.

H- -giggle- Did I make you speechless? 

J- W-what! No! I meant you look great!

H- Trust me your face said it all... 

She got closer to me and smiled

J- So this really is a thing now, isn't it~

H- I would say so

I wrapped my left arm around her waist and caressed her cheek with my right. 

H- -giggle- go right ahead~

We kissed  trying to get closer than what was physically possible, right there in the crescent moonlight. We kissed until we were out of breath, just to separate and kiss again.

and when it was over, it turned into a long hug, all of this in complete silence, no word were spoken... yet we said everything we needed to.