chapter 02

Mihlali Dlamini

Looking at my reflection on the mirror, i don't recognize myself. Bruises are all over my body and my skin colour is not doing me any justice , but the Bruises are nothing compared to what they did to me , what I am feeling inside  .I find my dress and wear it as quickly as possible I have to get out of here , I search for my shoes but I just find one the other shoe I can't find it .

" Call for help " my inner self say but I don't have that strength , everybody will know that I got myself raped . No one should know not even my mother ,oh God she can't find out or it will break her heart .

I find my hand bag and walk out, I bump to someone in the hallway and I drop my bag .

" sorry I'm so sorry oh my God " I say as I go down picking up my bag.

Man: are you okey miss ?
Mihlali: yeah I'm fine I just have to get out of here .
Man: you don't look fine .
Mihlali: I SAID IM FINE OKEY......I am perfectly fine .

He puts his hands up in surrender,  he is wearing white clothes with those chef hats . I bet he is Nichola's private chef , I quickly find the exit and start walking on the streets of cape town.
I don't know where I am going but I am going forward.

_________________

Buhle

She come back an hour ago and since she has locked herself up in the bathroom taking a shower,  I can still hear her faint cries through the door . I don't know what happened after she left with Nicholas , but whatever happened it is big and bad.

I knock again asking her to open the door so that we can talk but nothing , I take chair and sit down next to the bathroom door while waiting for her . The shower eventually stops and she Walks out , her eyes are red due from crying and her skin has spots of bruises.  Thank God I am not light skinned , I can easily hide my bruises.

Buhle: Mimi what happened? ( I say standing up following her to her bedroom) do you feel better after taking that shower ?
Mihlali: They took advantage of...of me th..they oh God. (She starts crying all over again and I embrace her,  she didn't have to say much for one to grasp what had happened the previous night . I've never been in this situation and I can't lie and say I know how she is feeling)

Buhle: it's okey you will be okey.
Mihlali: Nothing is okey ,they had sex with me without my permission they took advantage of me .
Buhle: we have to report them
Mihlali: I don't remember what had happened the previous night I don't remember they drugged.

She starts screaming and I hold her till she is calm , moments later she doses off in my hands and I lay her on the bed silently and walk out . Thus us messed up we should probably go to Johannesburg becouse I can't do this alone .

_____________

Later that day

She woke up an hour ago and the only thing she has done so far is walking out of her bedroom and sit on that couch . I tried making some food for her but she hasn't touched a bit of it .

Buhle: your mom has been calling she says that she wants to talk to you , you promised that you will call her .
Mihlali: tell her that I will call her tomorrow.
Buhle: we can't just sit here we should go and report him .
Mihlali: He wasn't alone James helped him out , I Remember some parts of what they did . Besides no one will believe us I've already taken a shower and got rid of the evidence.
Buhle: You said that you bumped into someone on your way out ?
Mihlali: a chef he won't be much of a grateful help,  Buhle I want to forget about this and move on with my life .
Buhle: he is your witness,  he can be off grate help

My phone chimes it is an email , I open it and read it .

Mihlali: What is it? ( I think my facial expression gave me away .)
Buhle: It is Nicholas ( She stiffens and starts breathing heavily) You got the role and set starts next month on the 1st , you are playing the main role Shantel.
Mihlali: I did not go for the auditions
Buhle: Well it looks like you auditioned with your body .

_______________

Nicholas Parker

I drank the last bit of my whiskey as I waited for my dinner , James walked in looking all good in his new custom made  tux . He turned around giving me a great view of it .

Nicholas: I should say brother you look good .
James: I always look good brother

He said while laughing,  we started talking about our upcoming movie . I have directed over 20 movies and all of them have been a smash hit on Netflix,  show max and other streaming platforms.  It is safe to say that I have made it in life , even if I can retire now at 45 I still have money to last me a life time .

The chef finally came to serve us and we started eating over a light conversation,  he came back again and looked at me .

Chef: uhm sir that girl you came with yesterday the one you said she was drunk .
Nicholas: yes what about her?
Chef: This morning when she left she looked troubled like she has been taken advantage of...
James: and how does that concern you
Chef: uhm , it's just that in the world that we live in now people do a lot of awful things, especially people who have money and in power . Just wanted you to check up on her .
Nicholas: The girl is fine she just had a rough night , I think the pots are burning . You should go back to minding your business.
Chef: yes sir

He walked out leaving me and James eating .

James: That better be not a witness over there
Nichola's: he won't talk don't worry .

___________________