Chapter 2

Kano POV

Kano: So...this is where their camp is?

Hsu: Yes, they moved over to our earth to stay hidden from Shao Kahn.

Kano: So Kahn has his folks in here already but we didn't notice?

Hsu: They are not his people. Not anymore.

Kano: I thought they were from Outworld?

Hsu: Yes, but they were supposed to be executed.

Kano: What did they do to piss off Kahn that much?

I asked with a smirk.

Hsu: She wanted his throne.

Kano: What? Are you talking about-

Hsu: Mileena.

He cut me off with a nod.

Kano: Shit...

Hsu: Getting nostalgic already?

Kano: Can't help it.

Hsu: You think she'd help you with your plan?

Kano: I mean...she's probably mad at me for leaving without saying anything.

Hsu: Mad enough to not help you?

Kano: I don't know, I haven't talked to her in months.

Hsu: I thought you two were madly in love?

Kano: Yes, that's the problem, we "were" in love. I don't know if she still feels the same.

Hsu: Don't take this the wrong way but judging by how she looks without a mask on...beggars can't be choosers, she'll take you back, since she probably won't get anyone else to pick her.

Kano: You know she absolutely looks like a fucking model, right?

Hsu: When you cover her mouth that is.

Kano: Hsu, I don't think you're in any position to judge someone based on their looks.

Hsu: Hey! The hell is that supposed to mean?

Kano: Keep your opinion to yourself next time.

Hsu: Whatever. Now, you wanna pay her a visit or not?

Kano: I have to, she's the only one that could help us.

Hsu: Let's get in a chopper and meet up. We don't have too much time to waste.

I nodded.

Kano: Let's do this.

Sundowner POV

Sundowner: So what's the story behind Jetstream? He's on our team since yesterday?

Senator: Yes, he was in Raccoon City when all the Chaos unfolded.

Sundowner: He can survive a simulation of a zombie apocalypse, not too bad.

Senator: He helped us get rid of the Redfield family.

Sundowner: Is that so? One less thing to worry about.

Senator: Like you were worried about them.

Sundowner: Well, you were.

Senator: "Worried" is not the right word for it. They were possible threats that I wanted to disappear.

Sundowner: Sounds good and all but are you sure you want to take Jetstream into your top five? I mean we don't know him too well, so we can't really know how good he is.

Senator: He's good enough to be taken into the top five.

Sundowner: If you say so. I trust your judgement, Senator.

Senator: As you should. And even if something happens to him and he won't make it to the tournament, I have a replacement.

I leaned forward.

Sundowner: Do you? Already?

Senator: Yes, for all of you.

I leaned back again.

Sundowner: Very reassuring.

Senator: You know I always have a Plan B, right?

Sundowner: You sure have a lot of plans, Senator.

Senator: I have to, earth's destiny is in my hands, and in my hands alone, if something goes wrong and I fail...we will lose everything. By "we" I mean every single one of us.

Sundowner: This all would've been much easier if we had the world's support, or at least the support of our government.

Senator: That is true, but we will manage just fine without them. I mean what will they do? Send the Special Forces after us? What a fucking joke.

Sundowner: I wouldn't underestimate them, sword guy wasn't that bad of a fighter.

Senator: And that's their only fighter. The only one they have. Everybody else is just a normal soldier, which is no challenge for us.

Sundowner: You say they are no challenge for us but yet you have a replacement for all of us ready, something is wrong.

Senator: I firmly believe you guys will be able to handle all of this, but I will better be safe than sorry.

Sundowner: Can you tell me something about the replacement? I'm just curious who you chose.

Senator: Does Compound V ring any bells?

Sundowner: This again?

Senator: Mr. Edgar insisted that I should use his Supes as the replacement.

Sundowner: Aren't they like...super hated in the states?

Senator: Who gives a fuck about public opinion? This is not about them, not anymore. Now when I think about it...it never was.

Sundowner: And what will you do with Raccoon City? You won't just let it stay in that state right?

Senator: I will for now, since I have other things to take care of first. And besides that, there is still one person that needs to die...two actually.

Sundowner: Who are the lucky ones?

Senator: Jill Valentine and Leon Kennedy.

Sundowner: Are they a danger to our operation?

Senator: A danger that can keep me from taking over Raccoon City. Plus, they know about Umbrella.

Sundowner: What can two people possibly do?

Senator: Quite a lot apparently. Umbrella sent a Tyrant after Leon. The Tyrant got killed by him.

Sundowner: Does this Leon guy have any cyber enhancements?

The Senator shook his head.

Senator: Just a normal human being. No cybernetics, no combat suits or nanomachines, just knives and guns.

Sundowner: Umbrella's Tyrants ain't that effective after all, huh?

Senator: They usually are, but not against this guy. But it was only a T-00, so it wasn't a huge loss for them.

Sundowner: You think their newer models will do better?

Senator: They should. If not, then I'll send one of you down there to take care of him and Jill personally.

Sundowner: Why not let one of Edgar's Supes handle it? That would put them to a test and show us how efficient they really are.

Senator: Scared that I'll send you down there?

Sundowner: I can cut through the whole city in the matter of hours, I have nothing to be afraid of.

Senator: I know, but to answer your question, I'll send one of you because this is my operation, Mr. Edgar has a lot of his own problems, I don't want to bother him with mine.

Sundowner: Well if that's so, I could go.

Senator: No, you'll take a break after you kill the Special Forces, you deserve it.

Pilot: We are approaching our destination.

Senator: Good. Land.