Chapter 4

Sundowner POV

Doctor: Here we go. Your two new shields are now a part of you.

Sundowner: Thanks Doc.

I said as I stood up and looked back at my shields.

Sundowner: They're ready for some action.

Doctor: I know I can't stop you, but please, be careful. These shields can take a lot of damage but as we saw, they can be destroyed.

Sundowner: Well, I hope not everyone is running around with a blade that has demons inside of it. Because that was the first and probably the last thing to ever seriously damage my shields.

Doctor: We still don't know the full potential of the material that we use for these shields.

Sundowner: Let me test and find out for you then.

Doctor: I would prefer your safety over tests.

Sundowner: Ah, don't you worry about me Doc. Heroes never die, eh?

Doctor: Do you consider yourselves as heroes?

I looked back at him with a smirk.

Sundowner: Do you consider us as the villains?

Doctor: N-no, I was just asking.

Sundowner: Weird questions you got there Doc, how about you stick to surgeries and let other people ask questions?

Doctor: Yes...yes, of course.

I kept staring at him, obviously making him uncomfortable.

Doctor: Excuse me sir, I have to go now.

He tried to get past me but I pushed him back into the room.

Sundowner: No need to run away Doc, I was leaving anyways.

I said, still smirking before leaving the room and meeting up with Armstrong again.

Senator: There you are. I assume everything went well?

Sundowner: Yes, as always.

Senator: Then get ready, you'll be going to the Spec Ops base.

Sundowner: Time to kill some folks.

Senator: How many men do you wanna take with you?

Sundowner: Take with me? I'll be going alone.

Senator: I know you're very found of your abilities, you have every right to be, but taking a whole base is a bit too much. Remember, they're not just normal soldiers, they're Special Forces.

Sundowner: I can shred through all of them, let me show you.

Senator: Are you serious?

Sundowner: One hundred percent.

Senator: Fine, but don't you dare get yourself killed. You're an important part of our group that we can't afford to lose.

Sundowner: Don't you worry about me, Senator.

We shook hands and I boarded the chopper.

Pilot: Are you ready sir?

Sundowner: Don't talk, fly.

He nodded and brought the chopper up into the air.

Sonya POV

We got an unexpected video call out of nowhere.

It was an unknown contact, so I thought it must've been an emergency call from someone that needs our help, and picked up.

To my surprise I saw Mileena, Shao Kahn's monstrous daughter, and Kano, the scum of our earth.

Sonya: What the fuck do you two want?

Mileena: We want a deal.

Sonya: A deal? What deal?

Mileena: We need your help with killing Sundowner.

Even hearing his name made my blood boil.

He has done everything in his power to destroy my life. He even took Cassie away from me. And we lost Jax because of him too. Takeda was mutilated multiple times by him.

Sonya: You want to kill him? Why?

Kano spoke up.

Kano: He took everything away from me...and from you too. You must hate him as much as I do. Why not combine our strength and take this fuck down together?

Sonya: And why should I trust you two? We're not exactly on best terms if I recall correctly.

Kano: The enemy of my enemy is my friend, ain't that right?

Sonya: We could use the Senator's mercs to weaken Kahn.

Mileena: No, my father will die either way, no matter if some mercs help us or not. I will make sure of it.

Sonya: You want to fight against your own father?

Mileena: Fight, humiliate, kill, just make him pay for throwing me out like a dog.

I was thinking about all of this. If they weren't lying, that'll mean we could get rid of the Desperado Enforcement and Kahn's forces. Two birds with one stone.

Sonya: Do you have manpower?

Mileena: I have thousands of angry Tarkatan warriors that want to see both of them dead. The man that massacred and enslaved them. And the man that killed their leader Baraka.

Sonya: Are you their leader now?

She nodded with pride.

Mileena: I am their rightful leader and I will lead them to victory, no matter the cost.

Yeah, we will see about that, princess.

Sonya: Let's hope you will.

Kano: So what do you say? Are you ready to bury your quarrel with me? For a while at least?

Mileena: Are you ready to assist us on the way to victory?

Sonya: I guess I am. But I'm telling you guys one thing right away. If you even think about backstabbing me, I will make you pay big times.

Kano: We have no reason to do that. We have the same enemy.

Sonya: And what will happen once all of this is over? Will you turn yourself in?

Kano: Don't think too far into the future. We don't even know if we'll make it that far.

Mileena: Listen to me, Blade. Sundowner is on his way to your base, so you better get ready.

Sonya: What?! Why didn't you tell me earlier?!

Kano: Well, I mean...we had to make sure you're with us before we start helping you.

Sonya: I have to go.

I ended the call and alerted the base.

I ordered an evacuation, we must get way from here before this madman arrives.

We are too weak to face him at the moment.

We would be able to kill him, but not without suffering staggering losses.

I needed a plan to take him down.

But I also have to find out where Cassie and Jax is...shit, why didn't I ask Kano? He should know...but what if he doesn't? That would mean I'm not allowed to kill Sundowner, at least not before I find out where he brought them.

Goddammit...this all just got so damn complicated.