Chapter 7

I looked over my shoulder and saw a man running towards me, followed by a bunch of ninja looking people.

I used my shields to defend myself, but I knew I wouldn't be able to stay alive for too long.

I recognised the man, it was the same guy that I beat on the train and in the desert. I was told that his name is Takeda.

He tried his hardest to break through my shields, the three ninjas did too, while Johnny kept throwing his green energy balls at me.

Two of Takeda's ninja friends grabbed one of my shields in an attempt to rip it off, but the shield fired its projectile, hitting them point blank and killing them on the spot.

Takeda used his blade to cut off the shield, leaving me with only five left.

One of Johnny's green projectiles hit my face mask, damaging it greatly.

I have to get the fuck out of here.

Takeda kicked me right in the knee, although my armour took the most damage, it still hurt like hell and forced me to get down on one knee.

But I didn't stay down for too long. I used my remaining strength to jump into the air as high as I could.

I targeted Johnny on my way down, ready to bring my blades down onto him, but just before I landed my final blow, Jax pushed him aside, taking the hit for him.

He died immediately, there was no time for goodbyes.

This seemed to have made Johnny angry as he gave me a few solid blows, before Takeda managed to take another one of my shields off.

Four shields wouldn't be enough to get through this fight.

Johnny, Takeda, that ninja guy and Cassie against me alone? That's a little bit too much, and besides that, I killed Sonya and Kano, so my personal vendetta is fulfilled now.

Although killing Johnny would've have been great too, but I'll save him for the next time.

I fended them off as I got a message through my earpiece.

Senator: Sundowner, whatever you're doing now, leave it. The Special Forces are attacking our tower, you have to help our guys defend it.

Sundowner: Understood.

I responded before jumping high into the air again, but this time I didn't land, instead I activated the wormhole portal that was attached to my back and teleported myself back to the tower.

Soldier: Sundowner! We need your help! They're coming from all sides.

Sundowner: I got this covered.

I reassured them as I called in for air support.

Pilot: Understood sir, we'll be there in a minute.

Sundowner: Get ready to see some spec ops getting ripped apart.

I said, earning some cheering from our soldiers.

I called the Senator to inform him of my arrival.

Senator: You have arrived, good. Thanks for coming so fast, I would've come myself, but I'm busy with something else right now.

Sundowner: Any trouble?

Senator: It's Umbrella, they turned their back on us.

Sundowner: What? Why?

Senator: The details are not known yet, we'll have to wait and see. What were you able to achieve at the base?

Sundowner: Kano, Sonya and Jax are dead.