Problem Children.

Blake was silent as he turned off Whitely's call. He wasn't in the mood unless she was going to tell the others to get off him. He looked around before Ruby's voice touched his ears.

"Hey." Blake turned as Ruby adjusted his raincoat. Oh yeah, it was pouring. Blake shifted the grip on his umbrella. Not the point. "What did you need?"

"We have a problem." Ruby locked eyes on the folder before joining him. He hissed when he opened it.

"I'm going to hurt them. They can't be serious."

"We're also having a legal problem. Uka is hiding behind a legal line. We can't search for her without hitting it." Ruby growled as he glanced at him.

"Is there another way?"

"Our last idea is the IPROP. It'll get us past the legal line and the complaint won't work." Ruby handed the folder back.

"Then do it. I'm going to smack some seniors." Blake nodded as they split up.

~~~

Ruby didn't show up to the next meeting, so they tried to go talk to him. Except he was busy.

"Oh come on." The other three giggled at Green's irritation as Blake tried to talk to Ruby, who was also waving Lisia off and ignoring Sapphire's argument. Blake finally paused his attempt and pulled something out of his bag. It turned out to be a pie that ended up in Ruby's face, which lost the females.

"Are you done ignoring us or do I need to get a second one?" Yellow called out to the group.

"Get a second one and 'accidentally' drop it on his shirt!" The noise that escaped Ruby made almost everyone burst out laughing. Blake managed to keep a straight face until his comment.

"Ok. Let me go get the second." He ducked from Ruby's attack, getting giggles from the others. Lisia got called away while Sapphire went over to the seniors.

"He's not talking to me." Ruby cleaned his face off while Blake finally managed to get heard, getting the side effect of every joke in Ruby's book. The poor inspector looked like he hadn't gotten paid enough, which didn't help giggles from the girls before they went over.

"Ruby, can we talk?"

"Why?" Blake slammed his head against the folder he was holding. The others paused as he rubbed his face, removing the sleep out.

"I'll be back when you've calmed down." The others chuckled as he stretched as Ruby shrugged.

"Oh well." He turned to them and sighed. "What?"

"You missed the last meeting." He went to answer when Lisia's voice returned. Something about a contest. He merely flipped her off before answering.

"I was busy. I thought I sent a message in." They shook their heads as he pulled out his phone. "Man, I got that whole thing written out and if I didn't send it-" He sighed as he glanced at Blue. "Do you want me to send it now so that you have it?"

"Yes please." Someone shouted from elsewhere, something about a bad idea, as Ruby sent it. He then looked over.

"Be quiet. It was a good idea."

"No not- Hey!" Red noticed Blake's slight irritation from the older boy before Ruby joined him and they went back to their discussion. Blue frowned.

"Woah. He sent a lecture." They glanced over her shoulder as she scrolled through it. "Blah blah blah... Something about business... blah blah blah... booked schedule-" She paused. "Woah... look at this bit. 'I would've scrapped most of my schedule and showed up, but I think you all would be glad I didn't show up to stab any of you. You hardly know what happened, but I know what you did. Unless you plan on figuring out there's a goddamn problem, stay away until I'm safe.' What the hell?" They glanced at the Hoenn wave as he looked over the file Blake had in his hands. He seemed to point out something, which got a soft nod from Ruby. Green growled.

"He does know there's people that don't trust him, right?"

"Trust issues." Blue muttered before Red spoke.

"I don't think he's concerned. I mean, you basically sent something that told him off and here he is."

~

Blake stretched as he got comfy in the room he had managed to persuade his way into. He was already running on little sleep from Uka's threats and such. He made sure everything was set before calling Ruby.

"I'm in position."

"Prefect."