Situation

The crowded hallways parted as Rose led her party toward the meeting rooms, stationed deep within the Captial building. Optimus stayed confidently by her side, flanked by Sideswipe and Lennox. Rose's shining Lt. General ranks glinted merrily on her collar, prompting everyone to move out of her way. She slowed to a stop and paused to survey the room, seemingly looking for someone in particular. Lennox gritted his teeth, they were wasting time searching for their Commander General Morshower but he didn't dare point this out since she seemed to share his frustrations. Rose let out an angered sigh before turning on her heel and focusing on a passerby with a skewed look. She flagged them down with an impatient urgency, "Lith, where's Gen?" Lith smoothed down her ruffled blazer jacket and pushed her glasses further on her face before answering with a wary tone, "You just missed him...he's due to fly out to the N.E.S.T base any second now." Rose waved her away with a simple thank you, pushing back toward the exit, the rest of her group at her heels. Optimus narrowed his eyes, "General Morshower isn't due at the base until the end of this month." Rose shook her head, "Right so we just have to keep him out of there until we fix...whatever we got ourselves into." Sideswipe shook his head wearily, "It's not that bad, right? We just need to.....hire a babysitter?" Lennox rubbed his face with a tired expression, "Two weeks after Rose retires and I get this?" Rose smirked at his comment but it soon slipped off her face as she ripped the door open, revealing an empty lot and a helicopter halfway elevated. She tutted softly before tapping her commlink, "Ratchet, you there?" Ratchet's voice came over the static a few minutes after she finished her comm, "Yes." Rose glanced around the building before leading the group to a more secluded area, "Can you bridge us from our location?" The commlink was silent for a few minutes before a green portal appeared under their feet, swiping them through and throwing them into a disheveled pile on the base floor. Ratchet watched them from his station as everyone jumped to their feet. Rose shook the prickly feeling away with a huff, "Great thanks." Ratchet gave her a small smile, "No problem." Sideswipe rubbed his head, which had smacked into the pavement as he tried to avoid landing on Optimus, "Yes problem. General Morshower will be over here in a few hours!" Ratchet's smile slipped away and he looked over the group with a nonplussed expression, "I haven't made any progress in turning them back and now you add this to the mix...Primus help us." He pinched his nasal ridge before mechanical laughter broke them out of their conversation. A small black and yellow figure zoomed into the main hall, chased by an energetic gray blur. The two tumbled over each other before sliding to a stop at Rose's feet. The yellow one leaped up excitedly, tugging the gray one with him. He froze when he spotted Rose's form inches from his own and pulled shyly away. The gray one tilted his head in confusion and in perfect Cypertronain whined, "Come on Bee, why'd you stop...I want to play more!" Bumblebee mutely pointed at Rose and whispered, "What is that Smokie?" Smokescreen followed his digit before scrunching his face, "I don't know...maybe it's Ratchet's pet?" Rose rolled her eyes as Ratchet let out a chuckle, their bond filled with humor, "I'm not a pet little one. I'm a human...my name is Rose." Bumblebee hesitantly got closer to her, his small optics studying her form quizzingly, "A human?... Ummm...Hi Rose I'm Bumblebee." Rose nodded her head in greeting while Smokescreen tugged at Bee's arm again, "Come on, let's go play!" Ratchet cleared his pipes with a stern look at the two sparklings, "Not right now...you'll have plenty of time for that later." Smokescreen groaned, "My sire and carrier would let me play!" Ratchet grimaced with a resigned look, "I know." Rose glanced at Lennox before smiling at the pair, "Why don't we play over in the other hanger? I'll teach you how to play tag okay?" The sparklings looked at Ratchet for approval who simply nodded, thanking Rose under his breath.