Four

Pulling her cap lower to her face, Go Eun slipped into the store. There were shelves after shelves of hardcover albums, racks of keychains, card holders and soft toys. Avoiding the crowds, she made for the most secluded part of the store.

Running her fingers through the spine of the albums, she passed the names quickly through her mind. Don't be seen, Go Eun told herself repeatedly. You must not be seen.

A voice beside her made her jump. "Anneonghaseyo, how may I help you?"

It was a store lady. Go Eun shook her head. "Aniyo, gwenchanayo. I can help myself." She left with a swift bow before scurrying to another section of the store, only returning when the store lady had left the place.

She didn't bother that she might sound rude. Now was not the time to consider manners. If her identity was revealed right there and then... No, she should not be seen.

"Okay, BE..." Go Eun said to herself, darting her eyes over each column and album.

It took her a few minutes to find it. Go Eun could swear the store lady was giving her suspicious looks and monitoring her every movement in case she carried out criminal activities. The lady's expression softened just a bit when Go Eun brought the album to the counter, scanning the barcode on the album and pressing around on the screen before asking, "Do you need a bag?"

Go Eun almost jumped at the unexpected question. She shook her head vigorously.

The store lady raised her eyebrow before handing the album over to her.

                                                         〰 〰 〰

"You should have hurried!" Chul whisper-shouted, waving his arms. "Those people were giving me weird stares." He threw a look over his shoulder.

Go Eun pulled open the door of the car and climbed into the back seat, throwing off her hood. "Get in. Ppalli."

Chul looked like he wanted to say something, but he sighed exasperatedly and climbed in to the driver's seat, starting the engine.

As the car pulled away, Go Eun took out the album that she had just bought, smoothing the creases on the packaging. "You won't know how scared I was just now. There was this shop lady, she was giving me suspicious looks like I'm a thief or something. Just her nerve!"

Chul smiled, throwing her a glance at the rear view mirror. "Well, you should learn to act normally. If you didn't wear such suspicious outfits, maybe no one would've doubted you. Anyway, what did you buy? Took you long enough."

The car pulled out from the drop-off area. Go Eun leaned forward and showed Chul the dazzling white album.

"B-E?" Chul read out, squinting his eyes at it. "What's that ever supposed to mean?"

Go Eun gave him a superior smile. "This is BTS's newest album. Also, it's read as 'BE', not 'B-E'." She stroked the title of the album using her thumb with a tiny smile.

Chul scoffed, shaking his head.

"What?" Go Eun demanded. "Don't tell me you're one of the haters?"

                                                         〰 〰 〰

Watching the news was a family "tradition". Everyday at night, Go Eun's parents would catch the news, and she would be forced-sat on the sofa in front of the television, and watch the reporter ramble about the headlines.

However, Go Eun was surprised when her father had called her into his room yet again to discuss some matters. After dinner, she approached her father's study as slowly as possible. She did not know what was the matter, but whatever it was, she did not think she would like it.