Ten

Jungkook backed the car slowly into the garage, looking at the screen with the AI-generated image of the car from the top down, and the surroundings. The door unlocked with a light click, and Go Eun pulled the handle, opening the door to the top.

Go Eun's new discovery of the Lambo was that its doors opened outwards and upwards, making the car doors resemble a pair of yellow wings. She didn't know why, but it reminded her of Bumblebee in Transformers, and the idea amused her.

From the front view, the condo that Jungkook lived in was very breath-taking. It seemed state-of-the-art — huge floor-to-ceiling windows, posh decorations that could be seen from the outside through the reflection from the glass, and perfect walls that didn't seem painted — Go Eun wondered if one even needed a house this big to recline in. But Jungkook was a celebrity, and he had money.

"What are you waiting for?" Jungkook said, joining Go Eun in viewing his house. "Oh, I see. You're marvelling at my house."

Go Eun didn't deny it. "Well, my parents never considered letting me live alone. They think it's 'not safe'." She did air quotes.

Jungkook was unlocking his house door with the built-in fingerprint key pad, keying the code into the key pad as he spoke. "Well, one could never be more careful. And as for me, the growing number of sasaengs are driving me crazy. You know how they are." The door swung open. He beckoned Go Eun to go in, turning his head around to the left and right to survey his surroundings, probably to make sure that no suspicious people had tailed them.

There was a small rectangular yard in Jungkook's house, shaded from the sun's heat rays by the tall wall. The grassy terrain was tiled as a path leading from the main door to the door of the house. A wooden table and two chairs sat not far from the house door. Freshly trimmed hedges lined the perimeter.

"It's big," Go Eun commented, following Jungkook to the house.

"There's even a gym inside. For me to work out, of course."

Jungkook sounded smug for some reason, and Go Eun felt tipsy all of a sudden.

"Do you think it's a good idea for me to come to your house? I mean, I've told someone to pick me up in an hour's time just now. Should I—?"

"Tell whoever that is that you've went to some other place, and postpone it by two hours."

Go Eun stared at Jungkook. "You're going to make me stay for two hours?"

She thought she detected the tiniest of smirks on his face. "Well, I've my way. Now come on in."

                                                          〰 〰 〰

The interior was even more magnificent. There were two storeys — the kitchen and dining table on the second storey overlooking the giant glass windows and a set of couches, together with a coffee table and two wired armchairs. A huge plasma screen TV was attached to the wall in front of the sofas, with a radiator below it, probably for winter. A set of grand, white and gold-gilded chandeliers hung from the ceiling on the second level, shining under the sun's rays coming in through the window. Go Eun knew that it was purely decorative and served no purpose for lighting up the house, but still, she was fascinated.

"You'd make people thing you're just an ordinary person with the way you're gazing at my house," Jungkook said. "I'm just going to change into something more comfortable. Feel free to explore if you like." He pointed to his room at the back.

Go Eun nodded, taking off her sling bag from her shoulder and taking a seat on the soft couch. She remembered that she had to inform Chul of the time to pick her up, and dropped him a simple text.