Bludgers, Bodies and Buddies

"Professor Flitwick?" Harry asked after Charms class.

"Yes, Mr. Potter? Can I help you? I noticed you were having some difficulties with the Freezing Charm," the diminutive man replied with a smile.

"Oh, no, Sir, Hermione can help me with that. I actually wanted to ask about the Dueling Club from the other week."

A gleam entered Flitwick's eyes as he sat up straighter and grinned from ear to ear. "Oh, looking to take up the circuit then, Harry?"

Harry snorted at the immediate enthusiasm of the teacher. He certainly was a determined fellow. "Not yet, Sir." Flitwick gave a sigh and shook his hand in defeat but nodded for Harry to continue. "I was actually wondering why you hadn't been teaching it instead? I feel like we would have actually had more than the one meeting then…"

"Ah," Flitwick said shifting uncomfortably. "You see, it's just that Professor Lockhart and I, we have…differing opinions on…teaching methods. I was a little worried we would not mesh well. I hear Professor Snape didn't end up performing much better though in my place."

"Yeah, you could say that." Harry shook his head. "Well thanks, Professor. I was just curious." As he walked out of the classroom two Hufflepuff girls stepping in front of him and smiled.

"Hello, Harry," the redheaded said.

"Hi…" Harry responded with a frown. He carefully scanned the surrounding area. It was rare these days for anyone outside of Hermione and Neville to talk to him without setting him up to be jinxed or hexed.

"It's Susan," the girl continued. "Susan Bones. And this is my friend Hannah. I know we haven't talked very much what with the different Houses and all but I talked to my Aunt a few days ago, Harry, and your name came up. You apparently made a bit of an impression on her. I brought up the…Heir...stuff. She, umm, well she made me realize I've been a bit of a bitch regarding all this." Harry's frown deepened but he nodded to her and stopped checking the corners. Susan wrung her hands and looked at the floor while Hannah nodded along. "It's stupid to blame you for something you're born with and it's stupid to think that you'd have a problem with Muggle-borns considering you're best friends with one. So I'm sorry."

"And so am I," Hannah put in with a firm shake of her head.

"Aunt Amy also mentioned that House Potter and House Bones used to have an alliance back before that night so – " Susan took a deep breath, looked straight at him and bowed low before continuing. "I, Susan Amelia Bones, Heir to House Bones, formally apologize for any harmful and inappropriate actions I have taken in the past against you, Harry James Potter, as well as any insults that I have made against House Potter. I am prepared to accept whatever sanctions or punishments you deem appropriate and wish to reestablish a benevolent relationship between House Bones and House Potter."

Hannah then bowed as well. "And I, Hannah Marie Abbott, Heir to House Abbott, formally apologize for any harmful and inappropriate actions I have taken in the past against you, Harry James Potter, as well as any insults that I have made against House Potter. I am prepared to accept whatever sanctions or punishments you deem appropriate and wish to reestablish a benevolent relationship between House Abbott and House Potter."

Harry's mouth dropped open and was only dimly aware of Neville whistling and moving to his side. Susan remained bowed while Neville leaned over to quietly talk to him. "Harry, this is a bigger deal than you might think. You have two options here: one, accept their apology on behalf of House Potter and offer to determine reparations at a later date or two, refuse their apology and break off the alliance between your Houses."

"That would be bad right?" Harry whispered back while Hannah started shifting nervously from foot to foot though Susan remained firmly planted.

"It's up to you, Harry," Neville said. "Susan's really nice though and her Aunt is very fair. Hannah's very also very nice and her family has good business deals overseas. If it was me, I'd accept the apology but you're the one who they were calling the Heir of Slytherin a few weeks ago."