Quibbles and quarrels

"So why did I have to get this huge contraption again?" Shiva asked as she finished plugging in the final wires to the television unit. The telly earned a glare from her when she flipped the switch and the screen remained resolutely black.

"Because you promised we could watch Star Wars and your apartment doesn't have enough magic to short the thing out." Harry snorted and plugged the power cord into the wall. "Forgot the power, Shiva." Snuffles huffed from the floor behind them.

"I thought you were working on that Tech Bane cluster to make these things run without being plugged in."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Tech Assist, Shiva, the Tech Bane is going to burn out any close by electronics not let them work. And neither are remotely ready yet."

"Whatever," Shiva waved him off and hit the button again. This time she grinned triumphantly as the telly flickered to life. "Excellent! Hermione and Neville should be here any minute. Did Daphne and Tracey ever get back to you?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah. Both should be coming via Floo right after Neville. I'm still a little surprised that both were interested in seeing a Muggle movie…"

"Harry," Shiva said shaking her head, "when you describe a story as 'the evil Dark Lord attempts to take over the galaxy using a weapon that can destroy planets only to be stopped by a space wizard who just left the farm' of course they're going to come. Hell, Greengrass probably considers this research for when Voldy comes back."

"Yeah, I guess I did kind of con them a bit," Harry said rubbing his neck a bit sheepishly. "You know I still don't get why you can't stick to one name for Riddle."

Shiva shrugged. "Well, Two Face doesn't quite fit anymore. I still sometimes get hung up with Voldemort itself. Tom is way too informal. Riddle just doesn't seem…evil enough. Moldymort is awful and will never be uttered again. I think I like Voldy though. I may stick with that one."

Harry shook his head responding, "As long as you don't go back to You-Know-Who I guess I really shouldn't complain."

"Right you are, kid."

They were interrupted by a knock at the door. Snuffles stood up and directed a doggy grin at the entrance while Harry went to open up. "Hey, Hermione! Glad you could make it!"

Hermione walked into the apartment a little wobbly and flushed. "Next time I come over, would it possible for Shiva to apparate me? I…did not enjoy the Knight Bus very much." The ginger furred large cat clutched in her arms bobbed its head in full agreement making a small yowling noise.

Harry laughed and gave her a quick hug and scratched the cat behind its ears. "If it makes you feel better, I felt the exact same way after I got off it too."

Hermione blushed slightly but smiled. "Actually it does a little. If that horrible transport can flap the great Quidditch prodigy then I do feel a bit easier about disliking it."

"Hey, Hermione," Shiva called from the living room waving to the younger girl.

"Hello, Professor," Hermione replied ignoring Shiva's rolling eyes at the moniker. Harry chuckled at the ever so slight smirk Hermione had gracing her lips. His friend's humor was subtle but noticeable to one who knew where to look. "This is Crookshanks by the way," she said, holding up the cat. "I hope you both don't mind me bringing him over. My parents had to leave for the day and I didn't want him all alone so soon after bringing him home."

"It's fine, Hermione. He can play with Snuffles if the two get along." Harry eyed the cat. It was almost easier to think of it as a small tiger honestly. The animal was as large for its species as Snuffles was for his. Crookshanks' face was also rather squashed truth be told.