Manors and Manners

Dark Lord Tom Riddle aka Voldemort Reembodied Thanks to Nefarious Triwizard Plot!

Written by: Luna Lovegood

We at the Quibbler take our news seriously. While many have accused us of fanciful flights and wondrous ponderings we always strive to deliver the story. Our reputation for intriguing and unusual reports is well deserved as the Quibbler has historically tried to stay mainly on the fringes of what is known. We do this intentionally in an effort to satisfy the sense of adventure and wonder that is so often missing from other publications.

This story and the one below it however are different. Previously we have interviewed Harry Potter, The-Boy-Who-Lived, Triwizard Co-Champion. We have also reported on some of the extreme circumstances that he becomes involved in. We have always reported only the facts when it comes to Harry Potter. Mr. Potter's life tends to be far too extreme to risk embellishments. That is why we ask you to not assume we have written this story as part of a prank or an unsubstantiated rumor. The accounts in this report have been largely verified by several sources including the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

We originally were asked to hold off on publishing this story, and we wished to allow for initial measures to be taken and for the Ministry of Magic to be allowed to break the news first. Unfortunately, as the largest leading report for the past two weeks was the current winner of Brightest Smile…it appears our hope for action was unfounded. As such, we will not maintain the silence any longer. What follows is a brief explanation of the events surrounding the Final Task in the Triwizard Tournament…

Sirius smirked as he watched Remus finish reading Luna's new article and nodding appreciatively. "The girl's good isn't she, Moony?"

"That she is indeed. You'd never know she was only fourteen from how she writes these articles," Remus said. "I especially like the bit at the end guaranteeing their readers that a weekly defense column will be included from now on."

"Oh?" Sirius' grin widened far enough to split his face in half. "Did you catch who was going to be writing those?"

Remus shook his head. His nostrils flared as he caught Sirius' far too pleased expression. "You didn't…"

"I did!" Sirius said pumping his arm in the air. "What better person to write a defense column than a recently inducted Auror, Wizengamot member, Head of House Black and escapee from Azkaban? The job was practically written for me, Moony!" Sirius moved over and clapped his friend on the back as Remus just sighed heavily. "Perk up old buddy. You get to write a few guest sections too you know!"

"I what?!" the werewolf sputtered. "When did I agree to that?"

"Just now. Glad to have your help. I'm a busy man after all." Sirius laughed and pulled Remus to his feet. "Come on, we have to get going or we're going to be late."

Remus nodded and dropped the paper onto the table. The article below the one with Voldemort was face up – the one describing Lily Potter's 'miraculous revival'. "I still have a hard time believing all this, Padfoot."

"Which part, the one with Potter Manor being restored, the one with Voldemort getting resurrected, or the one with our deceased female friend also being resurrected?"

Remus snorted. "Well when you put it like that, all of them. However what I was specifically referring to was Lily. I know we were both there in that graveyard the other night…but it still seems surreal. We didn't exactly stay to talk to her. I feel like we almost ran away…are we even sure that she remembers anything?"

Sirius rolled his eyes. "We didn't stay so that Harry could have some time to deal with it without us hovering over him. Or…well…fawning over Lily…And of course she remembers!"