Chapter 12

Chapter 12

All of the Questions

She could hardly sleep. All she could ever think of was the light kiss he gave her earlier when she visited him to bring over some dinner.

For thank you lang naman siguro 'yon kasi dinalhan ko siya ng pagkain? Bakit ko ba iniisip? she thought to herself when she pulled the blanket up to her chin.

It doesn't mean anything. But it was still making her blush.

Francine tried to shut her eyes and clear her head for the hundredth time just so she could finally go to sleep, but the way he leaned over a bit and his lips softly landing on her hair were replaying inside her mind like a broken montage. 

She sighed. It's nothing, it's nothing, it's nothing, it's nothing, she chanted repeatedly to herself.

Francine carefully shifted her position so her stitches wouldn't hurt only to see his side of the bed. His pillows were arranged and his blanket still neatly folded from when he woke up earlier before his shift.

She stretched out her hand to reach for his pillow when a roll of breath escaped her lips again.

It's 3 a.m. and she couldn't rid her mind of it. Kaya naisipan niya na lang bumangon para magluto ng breakfast nilang dalawa mamaya.

Francine took out the cold rice from the fridge, sausages, a couple of eggs, and butter. She occupied herself for a while to wear her senses off.

But after cooking, cleaning up, and showering (because her hair smelled like garlic), her mind was still running in a loop and it was already six in the morning.

He's about to come home na, she thought. And she doesn't know if she'll be able to join him for breakfast because she feels groggy and she could feel something pulsating on the right side of her head.

Nakaidlip naman siya saglit kanina. Pero saglit lang din 'yon. Because even if she's already dreaming about something in her nap, her mind was still awake and she has never felt more tired.

Napakurap siya nang marinig niyang bumukas ang pinto sa labas.

He's here, Francine sighed. Carefully shifting her position again, lying on her back.

Sakto rin ang marahang pagbukas ni Nicco ng pinto sa kuwarto para kumuha ng damit na susuotin niya pagkatapos maligo.

"Gising ka na pala. Good morning," he greeted when he noticed she was awake.

"Good morning din pero hindi pa ako natutulog," she answered.

"Ha? Bakit naman? Hindi maganda magpuyat."

"I know. Hindi lang talaga ako makatulog."

"Uminom ka ba kagabi ng kape?"

She shook her head. "No."

"Gusto mo uminom ng mainit? Hot choco o kaya gatas? Gawan kita," Nicco offered after getting some clothes from the drawer.

"Milk."

"Okay." He leaned on the drawer. "May gusto ka pa ba? Cookie o sandwich?"

"Wala naman tayong cookie."

"Bumili ako kanina. Pasalubong ko sa 'yo."

"May pasalubong ka sa akin?"

Nicco nodded. "Oo. Pambawi do'n sa dinner na dinala mo kagabi."

"Pambawi?"

"Yup. Bakit?"

"Bakit ka babawi do'n, pang thank you ko nga sa inyo 'yong mga food na dinala ko kagabi?"