Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Special Treatment

How long has it been since they last saw each other? Three months ago? Six months ago? Francine already lost count.

They were able to catch up that one time when Francine called him after the awarding ceremony, bagging the best actress. Pero pagkatapos no'n, hindi na rin sila gaano nakakapag-usap dahil pareho silang busy sa trabaho.

Sometimes she would check up on him, sometimes he would. But their conversations would often fall short, and she'd be too shy to pick it up even if she wants to talk to him more and ask whether how his day went. How he's feeling, what he's up to, or if he's eating his meals on time . . . just like before.

Just like how they used to be.

But there's certainly a line separating them now, and she couldn't afford to cross it. Especially when she was the reason why they drifted apart a couple of years ago.

Dr. de Silva, it echoed on her mind. She has never heard anyone address him like that before until now.

"Francine?" he called again.

"Ah . . . oo," she said, unsurely. Tinatanong ba niya kung ako si Francine or tinatanong niya kung ano masakit sa akin?

She's not quite sure.

"Masakit daw t'yan mo. Sumasakit pa rin ba ngayon?" Nicco asked.

"Slight na lang compared kanina."

"Okay." He nodded. "Can I examine you?"

She tried to sit up properly.

"Okay lang, humiga ka lang d'yan," sabi ni Nicco. He began lightly pressing on her abdomen. "Sabihin mo kapag masakit, ha?"

"Sige," sagot ni Francine. She doesn't have any idea where to look while he was examining her. Kay Nicco ba?

Sa bandang t'yan niya? Kay Nurse Mae na abala na ngayon sa ibang pasiyente? Sa intern na nasa gilid ni Nicco? Sa dingding? Sa pinto?

But she couldn't help herself. Especially when it was also her first time seeing him in blue scrubs and working as a doctor.

Okay, maybe kay Nicco na lang, she thought. He has little stubbles on his chin. Nawala na rin 'yong fluffy cheeks niya dati.

Did he lose weight? His jaw became more prominent now. Unlike before.

Hindi na siya cute. But he's definitely still as charming as before. Only in a different light.

She was in the middle of admiring him when he pressed on the right side of her stomach making her wince in the process.

"Masakit dito?"

Tumango si Francine. "Yup."

"Ilang beses kang nagsuka?" tanong ni Nicco.

"Isang beses kanina."

"Kailan pa sumasakit 'tong tagiliran mo?"

"Kanina lang din. Mga after ng shoot namin"

He nodded, reaching for the chart. "Okay."

Nicco turned to his intern. "Paki-check if okay na 'yong labs tapos for ultrasound ang patient."

"Okay, doc."

The intern left, leaving Nicco and Francine alone.

"What's wrong with me, Nicco? May sakit ba ako?" Francine asked, worried.