Do You Need Anything..?

🧡Chapter Six🧡

It felt as if you'd closed your eyes only to wake up moments later in the morning. You felt groggy. A sharp, cool breeze tickled You and strong fumes made You sit up coughing. What in the world was going on? Waving your hand near your nose, to clear the fumes of course, You walked towards the room Wally had disappeared into last night. There were two doors and the door on your left was open. Wally sat there, fixing his makeup with his hair already perfected. On his desk were various hair products and- was that glitter glue? His hair seemed extra sparkly today. He noticed You immediately.

"Good morning, stranger. I'm sorry, did my fumes wake you?" He asked, innocently, smiling dopeily. You crossed your arms, not responding because you felt he already knew the answer.

Wally stood up and walked to you, looking cool and relaxed. "You need new clothes, stranger. I mean that in the nicest way possible. Let us go and buy clothes before Barnaby gets here with Julie and Frank." He blew You a kiss, catching You off guard, and walked across the hall to the other room- presumably his bedroom- and shut the door behind him. You looked down at your clothes. They weren't that bad. A little worn but- wait... there was a huge mud stain on your back and rear. You exhale harshly.

Wally comes back out, dressed in a new outfit today. His shirt had a vertically striped rainbow pattern and khaki pants held up by a brown belt. He still wore his signature red ascot along with his white-and-black dress shoes. He fluffed out the sleeves of his shirt before smiling sweetly. "Let's go, stranger." How could such a cute puppet have such a cruel and menacing undertone? Wally walked out of Home, hugging and blowing it a kiss as he did, and looked over at you to make sure you were still following. He turned and walked down the road towards Howdy's Place, almost in a rushed manner that did not suit him well. You followed him quickly, only catching up with him when he stopped to open the door for You. His dark eyes stared at you, that smug smile cool and collected.

You walk in and Wally went to talk with Howdy, seemingly not interested in helping You choose out clothes. Looking around, You spotted a sign pointing in different directions: "Produce", "Pantry", "Apples", and "Clothes". You narrowed your eyes at the "Apples" sign. Did people here really like apples so much that they separated it from the other produce? You giggled to yourself before turning and following the "Clothes" sign. All of the clothes were brightly colored and kidcore style. You tried on some clothes your size and chose out your favorites.

Heading to the front checkout, noticing that Wally was gone. Did he really just abandon You in the store? You huffed angrily before smiling at Howdy as You approached him. "Good morning, Howdy!"

Howdy smiled back, before looking around hastily, looking a little worried. Then, he beckoned you close, whispering, "If you need anything- anything at all- do not hesitate to come to me. Do you understand?" Howdy asked, looking as scary as Wally was when he was serious. But... with more care. You nodded a little taken aback. All you wanted to do was buy your clothes.

"I- um- ok..." You mutter and Howdy smiles widely before scanning your new clothes, humming a sweet little tune to himself. You feel a chilly sweat drip down the side of your face. 'Why did that feel ominous? And scary? Oh!'  You remembered. This was supposed to be similar to a horror ARG... there was bound to be some creepy stuff, right? You take a deep breath as Howdy hands back all your clothes. "Thank you Howd- ah!" You fell onto the follow, face first, landing painfully. Apparently, several outfits was too much for You to hold by yourself...

Howdy laughed lightly. "Careful." His tone was playful as if you didn't just fall down and potentially injure yourself.

"Oh dear, here, let me help you, neighbor!" Wally appeared at your side and picked up some of your clothes. You were surprised to look up and see that he had an apple in his mouth that didn't seem to affect his speech at all. He spoke perfectly normally, in his slow, dazed voice. Wally gave you a closed eye smile to the best of his ability, before waddling out, still struggling to hold it all up. You snickered before picking up the rest of your clothes and following him quickly.

You didn't even notice the dark and worried expression on Howdy's fa-

"Neighbor." Wally addressed You as soon as You were both outside of Howdy's Place in the sunshine. "You need a place to put all these clothes. Don't worry, though! I've gotten a house all ready for you, neighbor! It was built last night. This way, neighbor." Wally turned and hobbled down the street, still struggling to hold the clothes properly.

You followed him, giggling to yourself, and stopped when he stopped at the bottom of a hill.. Several new neighbors, including Barnaby, were huddled around a house that was behind Howdy's Place. It was just a little farther, towards the forest, separated up on a hill... but there it was. Your new house in all its colorful and splendid glory that was so vibrant that You found it rather difficult to rip your eyes away from it. You felt Wally brush your arm.

"Welcome Home, neighbor."