Star Watching

🧡Chapter Eight🧡  

You spent the afternoon sorting through your clothes and getting accustomed to your new house. The strange clock above the front door chimed and You saw that the night sky was starting to appear outside.

You threw on one of your new outfits and stopped by the mirror to check yourself.

(Art by yours truly! The eyes were a bit big and I'll make them smaller from now on

(Art by yours truly! The eyes were a bit big and I'll make them smaller from now on. And I wanted to shade the "Y" eye green for yes and the "N" eye red for no. Much restraint. Other than that, what do you guys think?!)

You threw on one of your new outfits and stopped by the mirror to check yourself. You wore a simple white t-shirt with a red apple design and a light purple plaid sweater with oversized sleeves on top. Your shorts were two different colors, one side blue with darker blue stripes and a rainbow patch while the other side was orange with a yellow smiley face both shorts ending with white bordering and starting with red bordering. Your socks were stripped neon green and yellow and your shoes were red sneakers with yellow tongues.

Frowning a little, You pat your hair. This outfit wasn't too bad. You hurry downstairs and swing open the front door before realizing you didn't have a key. Come to think of it, Wally never presented You one. It was hard to imagine anyone sneaking into your house to steal stuff or anything, but it was still better to be safe than sorry. But oh well.

You hurried out, not wanting to be late. In your excitement to defy Wally, you'd been stupid and completely forgot to ask where they were going. You stood on your front porch, awkwardly, until You spotted Howdy walking down the road.

You bolted down the hill, almost tripping downhill, hurrying to Howdy. "Howdy! Wait- Howdy!" You called out, making the green caterpillar stop and look over at You. He smiled as You halted to a stop, huffing and puffing, struggling to catch your breath.

"Oh, hello neighbor! Were You invited by Julie to go "star-watching"?" Howdy asked, chuckling with a huge smile. "And are you alright? You're.. making a very loud 'puff puff' noise..." But before You could catch your breath and respond-

"Hello neighbors." A soothing and painfully familiar voice spoke up and your stomach pricked with anxiety. It was Wally, who'd appeared out of nowhere, walking up to Howdy and You, casually. He wore a red jacket with a bright blue necktie, opposite colors of his normal outfit, with navy blue pants and was carrying a red book rather closely. "You wouldn't mind if I walked with you, right?" Wally looked at You hopefully before giving the same look to Howdy. With a soft, nervous chuckle, Howdy nodded. Wally looked pleased and walked in between You and Howdy, smiling.