Blocked Out

🩵Chapter Seventeen🩵

A fragmented view. Reds, yellows, and blues, whirl together into a spiral, but disappear like water being flushed down a toilet. But the dull colors of grey, beige, black and white replace such sickeningly vibrant colors.

You laid on the ground blinking into consciousness. You could see the pale ceiling and dusty ceiling fan that hadn't moved in ages.The cracks on the ceiling were the same as they always had been, always near the walls. A clock ticked somewhere in the distance and You knew that it was the round electronic clock that played one minute of Christmas carols every hour. Speaking of which, the clock began to chime a carol cheerfully, signaling the next hour. You heard shuffling to your left and a sleepy groan as if someone was punched in the gut. The shuffling got closer and then-

"Hey, wake up!" Sadie's sweet, round, smiling face was hovering over yours, her clammy hands shaking You slightly. "I need your help to make pancakes! Like, ya know, the kind with the little rainbow chocolate chips- those are so fucking good!" She hopped to her feet. "I'll wake Daisy, she's good at baking!"

You laughed and quickly sat up, already in a good mood so early in the morning. You were in Sadie's house- of course, where else would You be?- laying on a sleeping Cherry's stomach with her phone in your hand. You'd spent almost all night exploring the Welcome Home site, but nothing out of the ordinary occurred on it. It was as ordinary and as plain as water, but just as under appreciated. The website's graphics were gorgeous, full of silly text, bright colors, and heartwarming illustrations of all the show's characters. It was utterly and perfectly wholesome. You plugged the phone in, sheepishly, because You'd used all the battery up and then fell asleep without charging it. Whoops.

A shriek could be heard as Daisy was being dragged by her ankle to the kitchen, her hands frantically reaching for anything to grab onto. Sadie, who was dragging the poor girl, was struggling to not double over laughing as she dragged Daisy to the kitchen. "It's baking time, let's fucking do this thing!!!" Sadie sang as she dropped Daisy and began getting out pans, spatulas, bowls, and ingredients for rainbow chip pancakes. You chuckled and stood, walking over to the girls and helping Sadie get out ingredients.

"Sadie, I swear!" Daisy's squeaky voice spoke as she huffed and stood up, running her fingers through her hair. "It's 8am in the morning and I normally sleep till 10am! I need two more full hours of beauty rest before I do literally anything!"

Sadie walked over to Daisy, pulling out a brush and began brushing her coconut colored hair.

"Aww, Dais, but you're so beautiful already! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Go splash water on your face and come back quickly, if ya gotta." She grins and pats Daisy's shoulder, giving her and encouraging smile. Daisy smiled back and scurried away to the bathroom down the hall. Then, Sadie called your name. "Can you get the rainbow chips? Should be in the fridge."

You nod and get the rainbow chips out, putting them with the rest of the ingredients. Sadie and You whip them up into a batter, laughing and talking about only the silliest of things before Daisy returns. She walked over the Sadie, smiling, then noticed You.

"Hi... I'm not sure if we've met... I'm Daisy." She spoke softly, waving shyly.

"Oh, ha ha, I remember!" No, You didn't, You were just being courteous. "Daisy, I'm-" You were about to say your name, but someone else beat You to it. Someone called You in a hushed whisper from the dining room. You glanced over to see Reese beckoning You over. Looking over at Daisy and Sadie, who'd struck up conversation about how many rainbow chips to put into the batter- Daisy wanted to put only half the bag in while she Sadie wanted to put the whole bag in- You hurried to greet him. "Hey, mornin'!"

"Good morning. Are you ok from yesterday? Everything healed, everything still intact?" He asks, fiddling with his phone which was in his hands.

"No, my toes fell off in my sleep." This made Reese's gaze snap down to your feet, eyes wide. You laughed at how seriously he took that. "Hey, chill, I'm fine! What did you need me for?"

"Well... my mom is wondering if you'd like to come home with us. She said she's happy to bring over whatever you'd like to our place from yours. We'd just, uh, need your key." Reese looked down at his phone which was opened to a text thread with your aunt and uncle before glancing back up at You. Reese's mom, your Aunt Annie, was your father's adopted sister and she was as wild as they come. She'd only recently returned after taking off for a year to travel around the world in order to "be inspired" to finish her passion project of fashion designing. Your Uncle Harry was different from your aunt. He was quiet and reserved, a simple man, who had to put up with his wife's crazy antics. You think he was secretly relieved when his wife announced she'd be traveling around the world to "be inspired". You snort, grinning.

"You need my key? Not suspicious at all!" Reese looked panicked as You spoke and opened his mouth to clear the misunderstanding with an apologetic look on his face, but You speak first. "I'm joking, Reese! I get it, I get it." There was an awkward silence before You said, "Sure, You can have my house key. I'll come home with you guys. We can leave after breakfast, mk?" You didn't wait for a response and hurried back to Daisy and Sadie, who were almost finished making breakfast. The next hour felt like a blur: helping Daisy and Sadie finish cooking, aggressively waking up everyone with air horns, making everyone help set up breakfast and even eating the delicious and definitely not nutritious pancakes. Everything just blurred together until You realized You were already packing up your stuff into your bags. As You shoved in your plush apple with overalls into your bag, your mind drifted back to Welcome Home.

Welcome Home... and Wally. You wanted to learn more but perhaps you were just being paranoid. You were overthinking this silly little forgotten kids cartoon. Surely that had to be it! You groan as your head begins to pound, dropping the rockstar teddy bear You were about to pack up onto the floor. Your stomach flipped and You felt like throwing up as the back of your eyes ached. You hurled over and then!...

And then You woke up.

(A/N: I swear, everytime I see comments appearing on my book I get all guilty and such and start aggressively typing away on the book! Ha ha, comments really keep me in check! Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter! Hopefully I won't take as long with the next chapter since I've already typed the majority of it up...)