Chapter XIV

Smii7y

Smii7y was knocked back again from a shadow tentacle. Shade smiled knowing he'd be victorious. Willow was trying desperately to heal Byze from the poison. "When are you going to give up, Frosty?" Shade asked as Smii7y pushed himself up again. Smii7y didn't respond as he took a shaky step forward.

Shade huffed, "You're going to get yourself killed for a stupid reason. Why would you sacrifice yourself when your friends don't even have the courage or strength to get up and stand beside you?" Smii7y glanced back at his friends who were struggling on the cave floor. "You're suffering from poison like them, bleeding out, and fighting off Neo in your head, and yet you stand to fight while they refuse to get up. Some friends huh?" Shade said.

"Now you see what I mean, Shade." Said a voice that had haunted Smii7y for over a year. Smii7y's eyes widened as Neo came into the cavern with an evil grin and Nycta by his side.

"I do." Shade smirked. Smii7y took a step back from Neo.

"This is entertaining so please, continue, Shade." Neo said and crossed his arms. Smii7y closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He slowed down his heart rate so he could focus. It was difficult with the burning of the poison and the numbness in his arm. He felt the pain of the poison fade and his energy return. He opened his eyes which glowed blue as he glared at the three abilitors.

"I protect them from assholes like you who need to get out of my way." Smii7y said coldly. The air turned cold and snow started to swirl around him. The bites that covered his arms and legs stopped bleeding from his own body icing them over. Even he didn't know he could do that.

Shade sneered, "Then you can die with them, alone!" Monsters came out of the shadows and came at him. He blasted a worm away with a cold blast of air and impaled a dog and spider on a spike of ice. A wendigo squealed when Smii7y created sheets of ice that sliced through it. He did well to stop the monsters but they kept appearing from the shadows every time he killed them. He froze a whole worm in place and stabbed a spider with a spike of ice.

He wasn't aware of a hound that crept up behind him. He spun around right as the dog pounced and would've been attacked except the hound was struck by a bolt of lightning. Smii7y glanced behind him and saw Kryoz standing on wobbly legs. He clutched his stomach and winced from the poison but he stayed up. "He isn't alone." Kryoz seethed. Kryoz stepped up next to him and nodded with his cocky grin. Droid and Blarg joined him on his right.

"Damn right he isn't! You fucked with the wrong team!" Blarg declared. Smii7y smiled at his friends.

"You all are the stupidest people I've ever met." Shade hissed. He cried out in pain when a bolt of lightning zapped him.

"That's not very nice." Kryoz said with a smirk.

"Kryoz!" Nycta hissed. Kryoz's eyes flickered over to her.

"Oh, Nycta. Looks like you had a fight with a thundercloud and lost." Kryoz grinned. Her face filled with anger as purple tendrils erupted from the ground. Kryoz dodged them since they were slower.

Shade got back up and Neo mumbled something to him. Shade's black eyes looked over at Smii7y. "You guys help the others up. The poison will were off faster if they're moving." Smii7y said to Blarg and Droid. They nodded and turned back to help with the others. Smii7y was suddenly tackled by an eight-legged arachnid. It's fangs extended to bite down on him. A spike of ice appeared in his hand and he stabbed the spider's carapace with it. It hissed and curled its legs up into a ball as Smii7y pushed it off. The blizzard picked up around Smii7y and it knocked a worm into a wendigo and they both fell into the lava.

"Smii7y," Kryoz said as he came up next to him Smii7y made it so his blizzard wouldn't affect Kryoz. "We can't hold these things off forever so we have to take out the source." Kryoz looked at Shade who was commanding more worms from the shadows. Neo wasn't next to him anymore which concerned Smii7y. Smii7y and Kryoz both took down a wendigo with their lightning and ice.

"So what's the plan?" Tucker asked, coming up next to them.

Smii7y smiled, "Tucker and I will distract him since I think I'm the main target. Kryoz, you zap him to hell."

Kryoz grinned, "Now you're speaking my language, bud. Grizzy. Eli. With me." He waved for the two who were standing up to follow him.

"I have an idea. Just try not to freeze me." Tucker said. He changed into his huge orange dragon. He lowered his head for Smii7y. Smii7y stood on the bridge of his snout as Tucker lifted his head.

"Hey, Shade! With the power of fire and ice makes..." Smii7y prepared his sheets of ice and Tucker's throat glowed with fire, "Ice water! Realistically!" (If you know where that reference is from, we are best friends now) They both shot their projectiles at Shade. Thankfully, Smii7y's ice never melted even in fire so all of Smii7y's attacks helped Tucker's. Shade used a shadow shield to protect himself from the abilities. He didn't notice Kryoz, Eli, and Grizzy coming up behind him.

Smii7y had run out of his projectiles and Tucker was out of breath so they stopped and Kryoz shocked Shade yet again. Eli had Kryoz's ability as well and shocked him. Shade fell to the cave floor, his clothes smoking. Tucker lowered his snout so Smii7y could slide off before he changed back. "Did you kill him?" Tucker asked. All of the shadow monsters disappeared and the poison that was on anyone vanished.

"That was thirty billion volts so I sure hope so." Kryoz said.

"Doesn't matter. Restrain him Grizzy." Sparrow said. Sparrow went for a bag that was on Byze's back. She pulled out a rope and approached Shade.

"I can hear his heartbeat. He is still alive." Blarg said. Kryoz scoffed and crossed his arms. Grizzy and Sparrow tied his arms behind his back. Smii7y glanced around the cave. There was only one exit now and he didn't see two super-powerful abilitors.

Cold fingers suddenly closed around his neck tightly and a cold wave of control spread through his body, "Ready for a new game, my pawn?" 

Word Count: 1101