Chapter XV

Kryoz

Kryoz was angry that he didn't kill Shade. The bastard needed to be vaporized but he didn't have enough energy to zap him hard enough. His eyes flickered over to Smii7y who was looking quite startled. A hand reached out of the darkness behind him and clasped a hand around his throat. Smii7y's expression changed from confusion to paralyzing fear in a millisecond. Green eyes glowed in the darkness as they turned Smii7y's blue-glowing eyes to green. "Ready to play a new game, my pawn?" Neo grinned.

"No! Smii7y!" Willow screamed. Neo pushed him forward so Neo was standing in the light of the lava. Neo's hand moved to the back of Smiiy's neck.

"Let him go before I burn the fuck outta you!" Anthony spat.

Neo huffed, "You touch me and he'll be nothing more than an empty husk that will be a slave to me. You'll be lucky if he's the same after this. His mind can't take much more of this and if I simply lock him away for good, he's never coming back. He'll destroy himself in his own head. It seems I really made an impact on this kid's life." Neo smiled as he glanced down at Smii7y. Kryoz looked at Nogla for confirmation of if Neo's words were actually true. Kryoz didn't like the worry that was spread across his face.

"Can you just get rid of them already? You have your pet now let's go. The government will be here any second." Nycta said from the exit tunnel. The ground shook below their feet.

"It seems Shade's pets did do their job." Neo pulled Smii7y through the exit, "Do svidaniya overabilitors. Enjoy the warm water for me." The lavafall exploded allowing more lava to spill into the pool. The pool of molten rock started to rise up and would soon reach the ground they were standing on. The air turned cold as Smii7y was forced to use his ability to block the exit tunnel with a wall of ice.

"No! Give him back!" Kryoz shouted as he pounded on the wall of ice.

"Kryoz, step back." Byze said as he came up to the ice. He placed his hands on the wall and tried to transfer explosive energy. Byze suddenly hissed and pulled his hands away from the ice. His palms were purple from the cold.

"Lemme try." Grizzy said right before he punched the ice. The ice didn't even chip away as he threw more punches at it.

"Anthony? Tucker? Can you guys melt it?" Nogla asked.

Anthony shook his head, "The ice Smii7y produces doesn't melt even under excessive heat like fire or lava."

"Well, we might want to come up with a plan fast cause that lava is coming up a lot faster!" Droid said urgently. The ground trembled again.

"Why do I have the feeling we are in a volcano?" Puffer asked.

"Explains the lava." Blarg nodded.

"Wait do you guys feel that?" Flom asked abruptly.

"The ground shaking and the heat in here getting unbearable? Who doesn't?" Tucker asked sarcastically.

"No, not that. That air current." Flom looked around the cavern before walking the opposite way of the exit tunnel. He glanced at the wall that was clearly just stone. He reached out a hand to touch the wall but he never made contact with the stone. His hand went through the stone like it wasn't even there. Flom glanced back at them with an "I told ya so" smirk and walked through the wall.

"And that explains how they kept disappearing." Blarg added. The lava popped, splashing molten rock everywhere. Thankfully it didn't hit anyone.

"Hurry! Go!" Nogla ushered.

"What about Shade-" Sparrow started but when she looked down to where he was on the ground, he was gone. They ran for the secret exit and through the tunnels right as the lava started to flow into the caves. It was slow which Kryoz was thankful for. They came up to the end of the cave that led outside, into the forest.