Prologue

"DAD! MOM!" Neteyam and Lo'ak came running through the village, panic written all over their faces. Jake and Neytiri bolted out of their hut, heartbeats quickening with concern as they saw the boys' horrified expressions.
"Jesus, what's going on?" Jake's face contorted with anger and concern as he saw the distress in his sons' faces. Neteyam ran into Neytiri's arms, her body shaking with fear as she held her son close. Lo'ak clung to Jake, his small body trembling as he sobbed into him.
"Where's Lai'ra?" Ateyo, Lai'ra's father, sprinted up to them, his face twisted with concern at the sight of his daughter missing. Lai'ra's mother followed closely behind, her eyes filled with tears.

"Tell us what happened, now." Jake demanded, his voice low, though his heart was racing with fear and worry.
"Lai- Lai'ra's been t-taken away by Sk-sky People!" Lo'ak screamed, his voice breaking as he struggled to hold back his sobs.
Neytiri's eyes widened in shock, and Ateyo's face twisted with anger and disbelief. "How could this happen?" He growled.
Neteyam clung to Neytiri, his voice choked with tears. "We were out in the forest, hunting and gathering some fruit, and Lai'ra wandered away from us. We heard her scream, and when we got to her, we saw a helicopter flying away with her. We tried to follow, but it was too fast."

"Neteyam! Lo'ak!" Jake's voice boomed with anger as he looked at the boys. "How many times have I told you not to wander too far from the village?" He shouted in a commanding tone.
"We're sorry Dad!" Neteyam cries out. "Yeah, we're so sorry!" Lo'ak buries his face in his hands, unable to control the sobs that were escaping him.
Jake's expression softened as he saw their genuine remorse. "We will deal with this later." He said firmly, looking at Ateyo and Lai'ra's mother. "Right now, we need to focus on finding Lai'ra." Ateyo's face was filled with rage. "I will go after the Sky People and bring my daughter back." His voice trembling with emotion. Jake shook his head. "That's too dangerous Ateyo."

But Ateyo was not swayed. "She is my daughter!" He yells out angrily. "I cannot just sit here and wait! I will go after them, with or without your help. But you are Olo'eyktan( Clan Leader) Jake! You can't just do nothing while she's out there!"

Jake's face softened as he looked at Ateyo. "I can't begin to imagine how you feel, Ateyo." He said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "But going after the Sky People is a dangerous idea. They have weapons and technology beyond us. You could get hurt, or worse, killed." Ateyo's eyes blazed with determination. "I will not rest until I find my daughter and bring her home." He said, his voice unwaivering. "I cannot do nothing while she's out there, alone and scared. Who knows what the Sky People are going to do to her!"
Neytiri stepped forward, placing a hand on Ateyo's other shoulder. "We understand, Ateyo." She said softly. "But we must think of the safety of our people. Going after the Sky People will only bring danger and harm to our village." Ateyo looked at Neytiri and then at Jake, his eyes filled with pain and desperation. "Please, Jake..." He pleaded. Jake looked at Ateyo for a moment, weighing the risks and the possible consequences. Finally, he sighed and nodded. "Okay." He said, his voice low and hesitant.  "But we've got to be careful..."
Ateyo nods, thankful that the Sullys have agreed to help. "Maktoko."( Let's Ride)

Jake urged caution, reminding Ateyo of the dangers of going in without a plan. But Ateyo was determined to save his daughter at any cost, and before Jake could stop him, he and his mate took off on their Ikrans, flying straight towards the facility. As they got closer, Lai'ra's mother flew in a rage, swooping down and attacking the people who held Lai'ra captive. But she was quickly shot down, falling from the sky and crashing to the ground below.
"MAMA! NO!" Lai'ra shrieks as she watched her mother die before her.
An Avatar hits her on the head with her gun. "Quiet, you."

Ateyo's heart sank as he watched his wife die before his eyes. But he knew he couldn't give up now, not when his daughter was still there. He flew in, taking down as many of the Sky People as he could. But as he got closer, his Ikran was shot, Ateyo fell off and was captured.
Jake and Neytiri watched in horror from a distance. They knew they had to act fast to save Ateyo and Lai'ra, but they also knew they had to be smart about it. They retreated back to the village to form a plan to rescue them, but by the time they went back with the other warriors, Ateyo and Lai'ra were nowhere to be found.

Their hearts sank with the realization that they might have been too late to save them. The weight of grief and loss was heavy... and they mourned the tragic deaths of Ateyo and Lai'ra. The boys were inconsolable, their hearts shattered at the thought of never seeing their best friend again.