Moonlit Tears

"Lai'ra... Lai'ra!" Lo'ak's urgent voice pierced through her daydream, accompanied by the insistent shaking of her shoulders. Startled, she snapped back to reality, momentarily disoriented. Lo'ak and Neteyam exchanged puzzled glances, their confusion mirrored on their faces.
"What happened? Where did you go, mamas?" Lo'ak questioned, tilting his head to the side, his brow furrowed with genuine concern.
Lai'ra blinked, her mind struggling to transition from the vivid daydream to the present moment. Confusion briefly clouded her eyes before she gathered herself, attempting to mask her internal turmoil. Her cheeks flushed crimson, betraying the mix of emotions swirling inside her. With a nervous laugh, she tried to downplay the intensity of her distraction.
"Oh, um, sorry. I must have drifted off for a moment there. It's nothing important, really. Just... lost in my own thoughts, you know?"
She averted her gaze, desperately hoping they wouldn't see through her fragile facade. Lai'ra's heart raced as she tried to regain control over her racing thoughts and racing heart, aware of the risk of exposing the fantasies she had weaved in her mind.
Neteyam's brows furrowed with a touch of concern, his eyes searching Lai'ra's face for answers. "Are you sure you're alright, Lai'ra?"
Lai'ra's pulse quickened, her mind racing to find a plausible explanation without betraying her true emotions. She mustered a faint smile, her voice laced with a mix of apprehension and reassurance.
"I appreciate your concern, really, but it's nothing worth dwelling on."
Lo'ak looked at her with a hint of anger. "Really, Lai'ra? Daydreaming right now? What the fuck?" He spat, his eyes darting from her to Neteyam.

Deep down, Lai'ra wished for the ground to open up and swallow her whole, her desire to protect her secret fantasy conflicting with the need to navigate the present situation. She silently vowed to guard her hidden desires, knowing that the truth could shatter the delicate balance of their relationships.
Lai'ra's heart sank at the sharpness in Lo'ak's voice, his anger seeping through his words. Her shoulders tensed, and she struggled to maintain her composure under his accusing gaze. She felt the weight of his disappointment and frustration, aware that her daydreaming had only fueled his simmering resentment.
Tears welled up in her eyes, threatening to spill over, but she fought to keep them at bay. She took a deep breath, her voice quivering with a mix of fear and regret.
"Lo'ak, I... I'm sorry. It wasn't intentional. My mind just wandered for a moment."
Neteyam's concern deepened, his voice gentle as he interjected, trying to diffuse the tension. "Lo'ak, please chill the fuck out."
Lo'ak's anger simmered, though a flicker of hurt lingered in his eyes. He took a step closer to his brother, his voice softer this time, laced with a tinge of disappointment.
"This is all your fault, Neteyam. Don't fucking tell me to chill out."

Lai'ra's heart pounded in her chest as the tension between Lo'ak and Neteyam escalated. She felt like a helpless bystander caught in the crossfire of their emotions, the weight of their words and accusations pressing upon her fragile shoulders. She desperately wished she could bridge the divide, to calm the storm that threatened to tear them apart.
Tears streamed down Lai'ra's cheeks as she tried to find her voice amidst the chaos. "Please, both of you, stop," she pleaded, her voice shaking with a mixture of sadness and desperation. "This isn't helping anyone."
Lo'ak's eyes flickered with a mixture of anger and pain, his fists clenched at his sides. He struggled to regain his composure, his voice strained with the weight of his emotions.
"Lai'ra, I... I can't fucking do this. Everything is falling apart."
Lo'ak turned and raised his fist, "FUCK!" he yelled as he punched a palm tree, tears streaming down his face as he began to walk away.
Lai'ra's heart shattered as she witnessed the culmination of Lo'ak's anger and despair. She gasped, her hands instinctively reaching out towards him, but she hesitated, her own tears blurring her vision. Her voice wavered with heartache, pleading one last time.
"Lo'ak, please... don't go."
But Lo'ak's pain and frustration consumed him. With each step he took, Lai'ra's heart sank deeper. The sound of his fist colliding with the palm tree reverberated in her ears, an echo of his anguish. Tears cascaded down her face, her body trembling with a mixture of sorrow and helplessness.
Neteyam moved to stand by Lai'ra's side, his presence a silent reassurance. Together, they watched as Lo'ak's figure receded into the distance. The weight of his absence hung heavy in the air.