Reunion

Lai'ra -21

Lo'ak -21

Neteyam- 23

Neteyam- 23

It had been nine long years since the kidnapping of Lai'ra, an event that had triggered a series of brutal attacks against the Omatikaya people

It had been nine long years since the kidnapping of Lai'ra, an event that had triggered a series of brutal attacks against the Omatikaya people. As the ongoing war with the Sky People dragged on, Jake and Neytiri found themselves faced with a difficult decision. They realized that staying with the Omatikaya would only put their people in harm's way. So, they decided to leave The People in search of a safer place for their family. Jake, who was now being relentlessly hunted by the Avatar Recoms, believed that it was in the best interest of everyone if he relinquished his position as Olo'eyktan and went into hiding. They decided to go to Awa'atlu, a Metkayina clan off the coast of the eastern sea. But as the family landed, they were met with suspicion, not a warm welcome.
Jake's calm voice echoed through the air as he addressed Tonowari and Ronal, the Olo'eyktan and Tsahik of the Metkayina clan. "We seek Uturu."(Sanctuary)

The air was thick with tension as Ronal hissed angrily in response. "Uturu?" She spat, her eyes flashing with fury. "What are we, Uturu for all the forest people now Tonowari?" Her tone was laced with sarcasm as she shot a venomous glance in her mate's direction.
Tonowari's expression was stern as he gazed down at Ronal, his eyes conveying a sense of understanding that the Sully family could not grasp. They watched in confusion as the couple seemed to communicate with each other through an unspoken language, their gestures and facial expressions conveying a depth of meaning that was lost on outsiders.
For a few moments, there was nothing but silence as the Metkayina clan members regarded the Sullys with suspicion and wariness. The tension was palpable, and the Sullys knew that they had to tread carefully if they were to gain the trust of this community.
Tonowari's words were firm as he addressed the members of the Metkayina clan. "Toruk Makto and his family will stay with us." He declared, his voice carrying a note of authority. "Treat them as our brothers and sisters and help them to acclimate to our lifestyle. For they will be like babies in the water."

The members of the clan looked at each other, their expressions unreadable. The Metkayina were known for their independence and self-reliance, and the idea of taking on outsiders was not one that they took lightly. But Tonowari's word was law, and they knew that they had to follow his lead. Tonowari's hand came to rest on Jake's shoulder, squeezing lightly in a gesture of camaraderie.
Neytiri steps forward, thanking the leaders for their generosity, but as she spoke, her gaze shifted restlessly around the village, and a hint of concern crept into her voice.
"What did you mean by what you said, Ronal?" She asked, her brow furrowing in confusion. "Are there other forest Na'vi here?"
Ronal nodded gravely, her expression serious. "Yes. Nine years ago, a man and his daughter came here, seeking Uturu after being captured and tortured by the Sky People. However, the man was injured badly, and he died shortly after coming here. It is just the girl now... We've taken care of her like she was one of our own children. "

Ronal and Tonowari look around confused. "Where is she, Ao'nung?" Tonowari looks down at his son, perplexed as the two were inseparable.
"I don't know father; I haven't seen her this morning." Ao'nung shrugs. Even though they were best friends she would often run off by herself without telling anyone. Just then, the sound of beating wings filled the air, and a figure swooped down from the sky on the back of an Ikran and jumped into the water.
Ao'nung rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "So dramatic as usual, Lai'ra."

She slowly ascends from the water but immediately, her eyes widen in shock as she meets the gazes of Neteyam and Lo'ak.
"No fucking way..." Lo'ak gasps in shock.
"Neteyam? Lo'ak?" Lai'ra squeaks out as her eyes begin to well with tears. She never thought she would be reunited with her childhood best friends.

"Hey mamas...." Lo'ak whispers as a smile creeps on his face. Neteyam is too stunned to say a word, his mouth just hangs open.
A moment of silence stretches as Lai'ra gazes at them, taking in the sight of her friends. They both look so different now, so grown-up and absolutely gorgeous. The realization of their attractiveness hits her, and her cheeks flush with warmth. They're no longer the awkward children she remembers from their youth. The three of them have grown up and become the warriors they always dreamed of being.
But Lai'ra wasn't the only one staring. Neteyam and Lo'ak were equally entranced by her. They couldn't help but gaze at her stunning beauty; she was the most ethereal creature they had ever seen.

Without hesitation, they both rush forward and wrap their arms around Lai'ra. They embrace each other tightly, their bodies shaking with overwhelming emotions. The moment is so intense that they all stumble and fall into the water, laughing and crying tears of joy.
They all get up and approach the group, both boys on either side, arms linked around her shoulders, and Lai'ra holding them both by their waists.

"How... how did you guys find me?" Lai'ra asks as she meets the gaze of the rest of the Sully family.
"We didn't Lai'ra... we thought you died a long time ago." Neteyam whispers as he brushes her wet hair from her face. His voice is heavy with emotion, and she can feel the pain of their loss still lingering in his words. Tears stream down Lai'ra's face once more as she realizes the depth of their pain. She had given up hope of ever seeing her childhood friends again, but here they were, holding her close and refusing to let go.

"How about we get them situated in their Marui (Hut), and then you can all talk after that, okay sweet girl?" Tonowari says as he steps up, placing his hand on top of her head affectionately.
Lai'ra nods and smiles at him.
"Go ahead." Tonowari leans down and gives her a light kiss on the forehead. Lai'ra steps forward and motions for the Sullys to follow her to their new home.