Torn

Lai'ra's heart sinks as she makes her way back to her Marui and sees Neteyam perched against the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest and his expression less than amused. She can feel the weight of his disappointment and anger bearing down on her, she braces herself for this conversation. "Hey." She says softly as she approaches him. Neteyam narrows his eyes at her, his jaw tight with anger. "Where were you last night?" He demands, his voice sharp and accusatory. "Let me guess, with Lo'ak, right? He wasn't home all night either." She knows that she should feel guilty, but she can't help feeling a sense of frustration and resentment towards Neteyam. After all, he's the one who's been acting weird lately, and she's been feeling neglected by the person who's supposed to be there for her. "You're right, I was with Lo'ak." She admits, her voice low and serious. Neteyam snorts with disdain, his eyes flashing with anger. "Are you fucking serious? What the fuck did you guys do?" Lai'ra takes a deep breath as she feels a surge of anger and frustration rise up inside her, but she tries to keep her voice calm "We went on a fucking adventure last night Neteyam! You know? Things friends do? Things WE are supposed to do."

Neteyam scoffs at her explanation, his expression incredulous. "Oh, so you went on an adventure with my brother, while I was out here looking like a skxawng, checking up on you in the middle of the night?" His voice drips with sarcasm, and Lai'ra can feel her frustration building. "You haven't exactly been around, Neteyam." She retorts, her voice tinged with anger. "Lo'ak has been there for me because you're too busy to spend any time with your fucking girlfriend." Neteyam's face darkens at her words, and he steps closer to her, his eyes flashing with anger. "I've been fucking busy, Lai'ra! You know how important our relationship is to me, and you're out here running around with my brother instead of spending time with me." Lai'ra looks up in his eyes, she's sick of his bullshit and she laughs. Neteyams eyes widen at her reaction. "Oh, now our relationship is important to you? Now you decide you want to spend time with me, the one night I wasn't home. You're so full of shit, you know that?" Lai'ra spits, her expression furious.

Neteyam's face contorts with anger as he takes a step forward, invading Lai'ra's personal space. "How dare you talk to me like that." He growls, his voice low and menacing. Lai'ra doesn't back down, her own anger fueling her bravery. "How dare you act like you're the victim here, when you're the one who hasn't given an inkling of a fuck about our relationship." She retorts, her voice shaking with fury. "You know what? I'm sick of this. Sick of feeling unimportant to you. You've been a shit boyfriend and an even shittier friend." Neteyam opens his mouth to respond, but Lai'ra doesn't give him the chance. "Fuck you, Neteyam." With those words, Lai'ra turns and jumps in the water, leaving Neteyam standing there speechless and shocked.

In the distance, Ao'nung, Rotxo, and Tsireya watch the whole altercation between Neteyam and Lai'ra. Their mouths hanging open in bewilderment. Ao'nung looks at the others, his eyes wide. "Well... that was unexpected." He says, breaking the silence. "I had no idea things were so bad between them." Tsireya looks at Ao'nung suspiciously. "Oh really? You spend the most time with him. You must know something." Ao'nung rolls his eyes at her accusation. Rotxo furrows his brow and looks out at the water where Lai'ra had disappeared. "Guys, come on. Do you think she's okay?" He asks, his voice full of concern. Ao'nung shrugs his shoulders. "I'm not sure. But we should probably go check on her." The three of them nod in agreement and make their way over. They see Lai'ra resurface a few meters away from them. She takes a deep breath and looks around, her eyes falling on Ao'nung, Rotxo, and Tsireya. Reya wades out to her, a concerned expression on her face. "Hey, are you okay?" She asks, her voice soft. Lai'ra nods, her eyes flickering with emotion. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just needed to cool off." Rotxo and Ao'nung join them in the water, concern etched on their faces.