★ Chapter One ★

In a world of myth and magic, (Y/n) the Goddess of Souls, Rebirth, Wisdom, and Life was believed to be one of the most powerful beings in existence. Her beauty was unrivaled; her grace captivated all who met her. There were times when she would emerge into the public eye, granting aid and counsel to those in need as well as offering kindness and cheer wherever she went. For untold centuries she guided her people through wisdom and strength but one day she decided to leave it all behind. She disappeared into obscurity to pursue a life where no-one knew who she truly was; free from dictations or expectations placed on her by those around her.

༺☆༻

"Good morning, Odin," you welcomed the grand deity as he entered the archives. His two crows croaked in reply.

"Greetings, (Y/n)!" Said Huginn.

"We've come to collect a few books and decided to stop by," said Munnin.

"Is that so?" You set aside your book that you were reading earlier and beam at the Norse Divine. "It warms my heart to know you had me in mind."

"What?!" Gasped Huginn, "Is not like that! We just happen to be around, idiot!"

"Yeah! Don't get so full of yourself," added Munnin.

"Keep it down, you two. This is a library," you said as you rose from your chair. Though your smile was inviting, the crows quivered in fear when they saw you coming. That smile held an edge of danger and charm - a reminder to them that they weren't as powerful as the gods, especially not as powerful as you.

You were now inches away from the towering Odin, craning your neck just to view his blank expression. He, in turn, had to bend his neck downwards to get a glimpse at you with his one eye. There was a heavy silence between the two of you as your silent gazes met for what felt like an eternity.

The two crows shared a questioning, anxious glance, wondering why the two Gods had suddenly gone silent.

"What brings you here, Odin? Surely, you didn't come here just to say hi," you asked with a lighthearted chuckle, the silence finally broken.

He stayed silent, just gazing at you with an unreadable expression. You could feel the intensity emanating from him, and yet you couldn't put your finger on what exactly it was that he was thinking. Try as you might to decipher it, it remained a mystery. His stance was unwavering yet gentle; like he wanted you to know something without needing to say a single word.

You tilted your head "Odin? Would you like some tea? I'm sure you had a long day,"

He nodded in agreement. It was a simple response, but anyone who truly didn't know Odin would find his behavior strange; he wasn't one to just casually have tea with another God, unless there was formal business to be discussed. But here he was, following the young Goddess into a room separate from the library archives. This room was much brighter and more colorfully decorated than the archive section, with bookshelves lining the walls and a round wooden table in its center with empty chairs surrounding it and teacups waiting to be filled.

"Make yourself comfortable," you said, "I'll go get the tea and some snacks for us to eat" You walked to the far side of an entrance, coming across a cozy kitchen area. The natural light streaming in from the wide windows made it even more inviting. You stepped closer and noticed the details of your unique space - wooden cabinets beneath colorful countertops, and a large, heavy looking stove in the corner. The kitchen had warmth radiating out into its environment that could not be denied; everything in here seemed thoughtful and intentional, as though someone had put real effort into making this place special.