★ Chapter Nine ★

"Adam!" you chirped as you spotted the familiar blond man. You were too distracted by Adam's presence that you didn't notice Lü Bu winding up for his own attack. You felt a gust of wind brush against your skin, but in a fraction of a second you managed to dodge the strike.The impact of his weapon, striking the ground, caused the entire room to rumble, and small shards of stone fell from above them onto their heads like a rain shower. Despite feeling a little shaken, you managed to remain upright on your feet and remained calm, despite the chaos.

Despite the aftermath of Lü Bu's attack, you walked joyfully towards Adam, a small smile playing on your lips. His blond hair remained the same, ever since you had created him years ago. His face was still as expressionless as ever, but in this moment it seemed strangely comforting. He hadn't changed much over the years and yet somehow he looked so different to you. As you got closer, Adam's face contorted into a look of deep distress, as his gaze fixated on you. Nonetheless, you could feel a wave of peacefulness wash over you as you approached him.

They stood apart from each other in silence. He was a bit shorter than you, his small height contrasting against your regal stature. You wanted to wrap your arms around him. But, you hesitated, for there was sadness and despair in his gaze that you wanted to soothe but did not know how.

Instead, you reached out your hand hesitantly and said softly "Hi Adam," in an attempt to break the silence that seemed like an eternity between the two of you.

Adam slowly lifted his gaze towards you and his lips arched downwards into a frown, though he made no effort to speak. All that emanated from him was a loud sigh that hung heavy in the air between you, only adding to the already palpable tension.

He ran his hand through his disheveled blond hair. "I'm just so tired..." he mumbled, bitterness and frustration evident in his voice.

You blink in confusion at his mumbled words. Was there something bothering him that you didn't know about? Before you had the chance to question him, he already had his back turned, walking away without sparring a single glance back.

"Adam?" You call out to Adam's name but he doesn't answer; he continues to walk away, perhaps making his way towards the nearest exit. But as you watch him disappear from your sight, a strange feeling washes over you. Somehow, you knew that he wasn't the same Adam you knew. The thought makes your heart sink in your chest. You can't even bring yourself to pursue him.

Brunhilde, Göll, Lü Bu, and Visel watch in confusion as they behold Adam abruptly leave.

"What was that?" mumbled Brunhilde to you as her face shifted to a state of bewilderment. You had no answers for her; you were just as confused by Adam's sudden departure.

"I-I'm not sure..." you mumbled, a bit confused yourself.

With a swift decision, (Y/n) turned away from Lü Bu and strode off in the direction of Adam. Everyone watched in confusion and surprise as she left without explanation. Even Lü Bu was caught off guard, his brow furrowing as (Y/n)'s footsteps faded into the distance.

You were in search of Adam, and you ran around feverishly so as not to be noticed by any other passersby. You circled the area for quite some time, your eyes frantically looking for the blond man's figure until finally you spotted him lounging beneath a tree. You took a moment to catch your breath and admire him from afar, marveling at how peaceful he looked in that moment.

You softly approached him, not wanting to startle him. He opened his eyes to meet yours and he shifted uncomfortably.

"What is it?" he asked, though you noticed his tone was more wary than confrontational.